Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

5 posters

What anime are you watching right now?

Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

What anime are you watching right now? Empty What anime are you watching right now?

Post by Gregitty Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:27 am

Great way to get some reviews and recommendations!
    I'm currently watching Umineko no Naku Koro ni since I've never seen it before. Already I'm weirded out!
    I mean I've obviously watched Higurashi so I was expecting the whole mass killing/disturbing laughter and story arc thing, but this is some crazy shizzle! And that little girl Maria is freaking me out! Suspect
    Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

What anime are you watching right now? Empty Re: What anime are you watching right now?

Post by Gregitty Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:23 am

BEATRICE!! LOL
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

What anime are you watching right now? Empty Re: What anime are you watching right now?

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 am

I'm finishing the second season of Dokuro-chan, its one of those things I stopped watching to do other things then remembered to finish out of the blue.
    Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Gregitty Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:32 am

Dokuro-chan is definitely one of the weirdest anime I've seen! The guy with a monkey for a head made me crease!
    I just watched all of School Days, which was...yeah affraid
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:46 am

XD I think they guy with a monkey for a head was cheap and thats why they went with it, I never saw school days. but another anime Ive been meaning to finish is Claymore
    Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Gregitty Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 am

Yeah I bought the claymore dvd on a whim. Ive watched the first 6 episodes but got a bit bored of it. I might give it another chance at some point.
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:23 am

that is about where I left off, but not because I was bored but because it was on Mega Video at the time so I could only watch like 2 eps before the time limit kicked in so I was like "f**k it" and I just stopped watching
    Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Gregitty Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:45 am

I always end up buying anime if I really like it. It's way too expensive though!
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:02 am

yeah it is
    ryou419

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 1

Post by ryou419 Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:23 am

currently on my watch list is kanokon, bokura ga ita, chevalier d'eon, gintama, hayate no gotoku, guilty crown, and tower of druaga, plus a few currently airing.
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 7

Post by Evil Fefe Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:29 am

Here is what I am "watching" and need to finish, Currently.

Another
    Gunslinger Girl
    Macross
    Megazone 23
    Nabari no Ou
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    xxxHOLiC
    Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Gregitty Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:12 am

Gunslinger Girl looks awesome! Been meaning to watch it for while. I started watching Sankarea and Tasogare Otome X Amnesia a while ago and completely forgot about them. Intro vid music for Sankarea is awesome!
    Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Gregitty Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:17 pm

So I've just started watching 'Suki tte Ii na yo' and gotta say I'm pretty impressed. The summary is as follows; The story of first love centers around Tachibana Mei, a girl who has
    never made friends or had a boyfriend in 16 years. One day, she
    accidentally injures Kurosawa Yamato, the school's most popular boy. For
    some reason, Yamato becomes interested in Mei and starts a one-sided friendship with her. He even protects her from a stalker - by kissing her.

I could tell right away by the end of the first episode this series would be great. The animation style is very good as well as the character profiles. It has everything from good humour to emotional hit points through the use of stunning visuals. Something I'm really enjoying most about this series is the story progression. Episode 3 has just aired and already the story is at a point where most might be by the last few episodes. It makes me think that there will be some serious ups and downs for the lead two characters, Mei and Yamato, as well as the introduction of many new characters.

Compared to the first episode of 'Onii-chan Dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!' that I also watched...well...
    I guess I've realized I might actually have taste. True there were some pretty funny points, all of them vulgar of course if you know Japanese literal and can translate the title. But overall, not a very good first impression (IN MY OPINION).
    I didn't particularly like the art style (especially the eyes), and there was no info on any of the characters' backgrounds. So if you want an anime that only focuses around the incestuous desires of a girl over her brother with annoying side characters, 'Onii-chan Dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!' is definately for you.

As for Suki tte Ii na yo, if you're just looking for a good watch with great animation quailty that can warm the heart and leave a smile on your face, then this should be on your list. Episode 4 aires shortly, and I can't wait! : )

What anime are you watching right now? Sukitte-Ii-na-Yo-episode-1-screenshot-021
    Ragnarok_Vorkel
    Ragnarok_Vorkel

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 0

Post by Ragnarok_Vorkel Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:00 am

I am currently watching Black Butler.
    The story is all about Ciel Phantomhive, an english noble who's parents were killed in their mansion by a fire. A cult sort of lot branded Ciel with a mark and nearly killed him. At this point in time, Sebastian Michaelis, a demon, appears in the form of a crow to Ciel and asks if he would like to preform a contract - meaning Ciel gives up his soul for the butlers service until Ciel has gotten his revenge. The contract is made and Ciel now has a purple eye with a pentagram on it which he conceals with an eye patch.

I find this anime so fancy and I think this is what had me addicted from the get go. The fancy British voices and clothing are so Victorian-era that I almost had several orgasms. Not to mention the great despair in Ciel which one can relate to. He is such a relate-able character the way he doesn't want to lose his hatred because it defines him.

What anime are you watching right now? Tumblr_mc9xeeX7Ix1r0l19go1_1280

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:59 pm