Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

+14
Admin-sensei
Zan
Gregitty
Killer Se7en
Kuu
fullmetalvenom
MovesLikeJagger
eivellordsm2
KirinosOniichan
Dejay
NipponIchiHero
SilverSyko
Evil Fefe
JeremyMakesMahToast
18 posters

What Games are you playing right now?

JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

What Games are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty What Games are you playing right now?

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fire Emblem Thracia776
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 7

What Games are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Games are you playing right now?

Post by Evil Fefe Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:31 pm

NipponIchiHero wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:Right now I am Marathoning some Metal Gear games, Ground Zeros gameplay got me pumped and gave me the instant urge to play Metal Gear

Yup, Ground Zeros is gonna be one heck of a game. And to hear it's a direct sequel to Peace Walker has got my full attention to it.

What Games are you playing right now? - Page 2 THESNAKEDANCE
    I'm more interested to find out that Paz is alive, It's really nerve wrecking to know she survived.

Also in the trailer, Did you see how the boy (it might be Chico) had an Audio jack in his chest. I wonder what the hell that means

NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 16

What Games are you playing right now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Games are you playing right now?

Post by NipponIchiHero Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Evil Fefe wrote:
    NipponIchiHero wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:Right now I am Marathoning some Metal Gear games, Ground Zeros gameplay got me pumped and gave me the instant urge to play Metal Gear

Yup, Ground Zeros is gonna be one heck of a game. And to hear it's a direct sequel to Peace Walker has got my full attention to it.

I'm more interested to find out that Paz is alive, It's really nerve wrecking to know she survived.

Also in the trailer, Did you see how the boy (it might be Chico) had an Audio jack in his chest. I wonder what the hell that means

Well, with Paz still being alive would lead me to think that they're going off from the 'True Ending" of Peace Walker.
    Yeah, I also want to know why he was a Traitor?(It might be Chico, I mean, Big Boss has gotten somewhat older.) AND WHY DID HE SELL OUT FOR A AUDIO TAPE!?
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:43 pm

NipponIchiHero wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:
    NipponIchiHero wrote:

Well, with Paz still being alive would lead me to think that they're going off from the 'True Ending" of Peace Walker.
    Yeah, I also want to know why he was a Traitor?(It might be Chico, I mean, Big Boss has gotten somewhat older.) AND WHY DID HE SELL OUT FOR A AUDIO TAPE!?
    The question is, Who would he have sold out? His sister Amanda because I highly doubt Chico for that kind of person.

Also of course they're going off the true ending, But what gets me is why they call him Snake. He made it very clear at the end of Peace Walker he wanted everyone to call him Big Boss.
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post by NipponIchiHero Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Evil Fefe wrote:
    NipponIchiHero wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:
    NipponIchiHero wrote:

The question is, Who would he have sold out? His sister Amanda because I highly doubt Chico for that kind of person.

Also of course they're going off the true ending, But what gets me is why they call him Snake. He made it very clear at the end of Peace Walker he wanted everyone to call him Big Boss.
    It's funny, because I instantly thought of Amanda to be one that he sold out to, but I don't think Chico is that weak of a person and that boy doesn't really look like him on closer inspection.
    This is a trailer and it's established that Big Boss is on mission. And on a mission, I think they would call him by his code name.
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:49 pm

NipponIchiHero wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:
    NipponIchiHero wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:
    NipponIchiHero wrote:

It's funny, because I instantly thought of Amanda to be one that he sold out to, but I don't think Chico is that weak of a person and that boy doesn't really look like him on closer inspection.
    This is a trailer and it's established that Big Boss is on mission. And on a mission, I think they would call him by his code name.
    Here Lets take this to the Metal Gear Discussion
    Killer Se7en
    Killer Se7en

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 9

Post by Killer Se7en Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Kuu wrote:
    Killer Se7en wrote:Super Mario Advance 2
    I know I need moar games No
    and also I recently just finished Kotonoha's Route on School Days HQ

Thank god a friend of our's isn't on this forum. She'd shoot you for stealing her precious Kotonoha.

Spoiler:
    What Games are you playing right now? - Page 2 A87FH
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 11

Post by MovesLikeJagger Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:55 pm

I'm trying out Persona 4 Arena.

Wow! The main character actually talks in this one. That's quite a surprise. Smile
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:36 pm

MovesLikeJagger wrote:I'm trying out Persona 4 Arena.

Wow! The main character actually talks in this one. That's quite a surprise. Smile
    Labrys is my Waifu, Leave her story for last. (Because it is the best)

Also be ready to cry, It's just so sad man Crying or Very sad
    Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Post by Gregitty Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Tekken Tag 2 : )
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:22 am

Evil Fefe wrote:

True dat Shocked

I thought the game might suck and was just pointless filler til they come out with P5, but it wasn't half-bad, it seems. Wink

And hopefully having Yu (P4 main character) finally talk in this one is a sign of things to come for P5. Very Happy I'm sick of the silent protagonist bullshit. Razz That's gone on long enough.
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:28 am

MovesLikeJagger wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:

True dat Shocked

I thought the game might suck and was just pointless filler til they come out with P5, but it wasn't half-bad, it seems. Wink

And hopefully having Yu (P4 main character) finally talk in this one is a sign of things to come for P5. Very Happy I'm sick of the silent protagonist bullshit. Razz That's gone on long enough.
    I agree, I heavily dislike silent protagonists.
    Zan
    Zan

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 4

Post by Zan Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Battlefield 3
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Evil Fefe wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:

True dat Shocked

While I guess I understand the "appeal" of the "strong and silent" trope, it just gets really old fast. Rolling Eyes Silent protagonists just seem to be "tagging along for the ride", to some extent, rather than making much meaningful contribution. I mean, the amount of dialogue written for folks like Minato and Yu is probably only half or 1/3rd that of the other characters, right? At least in Persona 3 & 4

So WHY couldn't Atlus voice the dialogue for them in those games?? Neutral Come to think of it, Suikoden also did this a lot. I know the 3 games for PS2 all had silent protagonists (can't vouch for the first two, though). Now, of course, when none of the characters talk in the game- such as in FF 1-9- and you mostly are just reading text off a screen of what they're supposed to say, it's another story. But when everyone else is talking except the main character, it's pretty irritating!

Last edited by MovesLikeJagger on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post by NipponIchiHero Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Currently playing through Touhoumon. This my first time playing a fan-game on a Emulator.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Post by Admin-sensei Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:02 pm

MovesLikeJagger wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:

True dat Shocked

While I guess I understand the "appeal" of the "strong and silent" trope, it just gets really old fast. Rolling Eyes Silent protagonists just seem to be "tagging along for the ride", to some extent, rather than making much meaningful contribution. I mean, the amount of dialogue written for folks like Minato and Yu is probably only half or 1/3rd that of the other characters, right? At least in Persona 3 & 4

So WHY couldn't Atlus voice the dialogue for them in those games?? Neutral Come to think of it, Suikoden also did this a lot. I know the 3 games for PS2 all had silent protagonists (can't vouch for the first two, though). Now, of course, when none of the characters talk in the game- such as in FF 1-9- and you mostly are just reading text off a screen of what they're supposed to say, it's another story. But when everyone else is talking except the main character, it's pretty irritating!

Because the entire point/ appeal of the MC's of P3 and P4 is that they were YOU. They represented who you were in the world and because the game couldn't make them talk using your voice, they were made silent.
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:22 pm

...I suppose. I'd have been fine with a premade voice, though, tbh. Razz A silent protagonist imv just looks like a mute or extremely shy individual, esp. in a video game. It's like, "Oh, hey, guys! You're all talking, but I can't talk for some strange reason, but I can still give responses via text, and everyone still respects and loves me."
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Admin-sensei wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:

True dat Shocked

Because the entire point/ appeal of the MC's of P3 and P4 is that they were YOU. They represented who you were in the world and because the game couldn't make them talk using your voice, they were made silent.
    The Silent Protagonist doesn't bother me much in Persona 3/4, Because they give you some dialogue choices along the ride, and the supporting cast is so vast and great. I'm sure in the Next Persona game being on this gen or most likely next gen that we will get a plethora of dialogue choices, While keeping Him/Her silent

Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Gregitty Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:21 am

As if I've only just learned about Persona 4 Arena. And it comes out in the UK in 10 days time!

What Games are you playing right now? - Page 2 230750-a
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:35 am

Gregitty wrote:As if I've only just learned about Persona 4 Arena. And it comes out in the UK in 10 days time!

Have fun, It is a really spectacular game.
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post by NipponIchiHero Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Gregitty wrote:As if I've only just learned about Persona 4 Arena. And it comes out in the UK in 10 days time!

If you want to know anymore information about FG scene for Persona 4-Arena or some character tips, you might want to see MayonakaMidnight. I'm also a member on that forum.

It's a fun game, I play Yu vs. Yu with my Older Brother a lot of times.
    Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Gregitty Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Sweet! I was going to buy Blazblue or Arcana Heart then found this gem : ) And some of the anime scenes are so funny. I totally get that straight faced Yu gif now : )
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:35 am

I haven't played the new Blazeblue is it any good?
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 am

I'm playing Borderlands 2 right now, All the FUNimation voice cast makes me a very happy man.
    Xcaliborg
    Xcaliborg

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 13

Post by Xcaliborg Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Borderlands 2 for me as well! And every now and again, Halo: Reach.
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post by NipponIchiHero Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:23 pm

JeremyMakesMahToast wrote:I haven't played the new Blazeblue is it any good?
    It was enjoyable to say the least. If you want to play BlazBlue again, I suggest you just wait for BB: Chrono Phantasma.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:35 pm