Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

3 posters

Anime Punk- No.6 Review

Yaro Shien
    Yaro Shien

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Voice Actor/Actress
    • Reviewer

EXP : 0

Anime Punk- No.6 Review Empty Anime Punk- No.6 Review

Post by Yaro Shien Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 am

I find Utopias to be complete shit in theory, because some kind of over powered, greedy asshole has to ruin it all for the rest of the civilization. The bull shit that I find in the anime that I watch lets me know there will be some other asshole to ruin it for the other asshole so people can live in some chaos ridden district. So in general I am discribing the anime No.6 .

No.6 is a anime based off of a utopia with a distopian like underground secrets, yes that's original *Explosions* It won my prize for originality! The only problem is that I hated all the story line in this anime. The problem is that it was very idel and it sat on one thing for too fucking long. Its like a unwanted thing sitting there in on the coffee table and nobody wants to move it because it was given to you by your grandma and she's visiting. Simplay, I want things to be a little bit more moving. Also, on top of the sitting of the shit stain stroy line I cant help but question the sexuality of the characters. In a way I like to explain what Shonen ai is. It is FAN SERVICE. The one thing about fan service, that's what the anime is pretty much what it's surrounded by. The overly used lines of "I cant go on without you" or "I need you". The fact that this anime was for the feminie culture, I found the litte people that was voiced by one person being killed over and over again quite interesting on the story line. And how are they being killed by Parasitcic Bees..... Huh. Im gonna save you an Ex wife joke and say that is fucking weird. And when thier life force is being sucked away they aged drammadicly and look like something Rob Zombie came up with. So it is somewhat interesting, but the distubing, post apocoliptic, Utopian, Distopian style mix makes me feel uneasy but interested.

The main characters like I said have a problem with thier sexuality, you cant tell if they are gay, stright, or Bi, you just know there is bromance in the show. As persay I dont find much entertainment when it is always confusing you as much as a non liniar story line. The main Protaganist Shion that was voiced by Greg Ayres was the weak character type in the series that... well... is so predictable. And when I first saw Shion I thought he was a girl that was going through some mental trip fest, but only his overly active imagination. Into the first episode, It pretty much was what you would assume someone spazzing out form a sane stand point. But I still wonder why guys look like girls and girls look like guys in some anime series. Back to the main topic, Shion was striped of his perfect life because he failed to tell the Bureau of Defence that is voice by one guy, just one guy all of them are the same... that he saw a "VC" and did not contact them. But in order to balance out the weak you need the strong and there for the next main character is presented. Rat, a long navy blue hair guy that wants to get back at No.6 for doing some terrible things in his childhood (not rape, no spoilers). But in the course of trying to do so he gets shot and Shion helps him. In general Rat is pretty much an schmo to everyone, but from time to time shows his soft side. Just to say he was the "V.C", and he is also the one that makes me question the sexuallity between him and Shion. The main characters are okay and their devlopment in the story line is quite fasinating on how they mannage living in a dump for a time being.

I liked manny of the sub characters or supporting characters in this series because they actually had use except the Bureau Guy. I'll start with Safu, Shion's best friend from childhood is a nural ginues that wants Shion. On top of that into the second episode She wnats Shions child and with no hesitation blantnly askes like it wasent a big deal. It dosent happen but srota makes you wonder. Stafu Is voice by Hilary Haag, mostly known for doing work with ADV & Sentai Entertainment. The next character is kinda strange and odd but fairly decnt in to her place in the story line. Dog Keeper, played by Luci Christan is a youth that runs a run down hotel and keeps all the abandoned dogs as her on family and are quite well resonsive to human language. Her always saying "I will servive" mening that she is not willing to help all the time. The devlopment in Dog Keeper' is pretty shallow in creation, she was an orphaned baby, raised by dogs, an angry selfish B***h, all sounds kinda familiar to me. The next guy to me could have better without him in the series. Rikiga, is pretty much a pimp that gives No.6 officals a little something, something. Although he knows Shion's mom, he is pretty useless in general. So I guess I can say that I only like Dog Keeper because the perpose of the character was far more useful instead of a older male equivlent that happens to be a pimp.

What can I say about No.6, it was fair in a way. I dont suggest it to younger kids that are not sure of themselves, and I would rather keep it from some girls to prevent tenitus being devleoped. All in all No.6 gets 4 of 5 in this review for the main reason of it being original and somewhat well made. At the very least I am glad that I'm not allergic to bees.
    Kuu
    Kuu

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 22

Anime Punk- No.6 Review Empty Re: Anime Punk- No.6 Review

Post by Kuu Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 am

Good god. I'll have to plan out a time to read all of this.

Anime Punk- No.6 Review P7Pia
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:42 am

Summed

The plot sucked, you can't tell if the characters are gay,straight, or shmuck cantaloupe and the characters were all really stupid
    Yaro Shien
    Yaro Shien

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Voice Actor/Actress
    • Reviewer

EXP : 0

Post by Yaro Shien Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:05 am

If I summed things up like that I wouldn't be a credited reviewer now wold I
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:37 am

You could get away with 2 or 3 sentence paragraphs
    Yaro Shien
    Yaro Shien

I am a :