Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

5 posters

What separates an "abridged MENT" from an "abridged series"?

SilverSyko
    SilverSyko

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 2

What separates an "abridged MENT" from an "abridged series"? Empty What separates an "abridged MENT" from an "abridged series"?

Post by SilverSyko Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:54 am

This is probably one of the best opportunities to ask this question that has had me puzzled for quite a while.

What exactly is it about "abridged MENT" series' that makes them different from just regular ol' "abridged series"?

They've always just felt like the same thing to me, but I've seen in various places folks differentiating the two, including here. Why is that?
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

What separates an "abridged MENT" from an "abridged series"? Empty Re: What separates an "abridged MENT" from an "abridged series"?

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:12 am

Runawayturist wrote:
    Well, there's no real difference at all. MENT was probably made to "distinguish" the abridged series from the rest seeing as now there are hundreds of abridged series you somehow need to show a some-what difference from the others. And well the whole, fast-pace, character-personality-flip, or simple idiocy is nothing new to the abridged world. It's just that THAT'S how Purpleeyeswtf's abridges his work. But people think that MENT is a style on itself and that it follows a certain procedure. So yeah just repeating myself there's no real difference between AbridgeMENT and Abridging just the name. BTW this thread is only for posting and discussing abridgeMENT series not asking questions.
    SilverSyko
    SilverSyko

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 2

What separates an "abridged MENT" from an "abridged series"? Empty Re: What separates an "abridged MENT" from an "abridged series"?

Post by SilverSyko Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:05 am

Ah alright. That's mostly what I believed in beginning so I was looking for a bit of clarification as well. Good to know.~

Though I am curious as to what factors must be included for those who believe a "MENT" is it's own separate style. I assume there's noone here who thinks that way though. Neutral
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Post by Admin-sensei Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 am

I mostly just created a separate board for "MENT" just in case we have a problem with people thinking it's different and all that. And for people who think it's the same, then that's fine too. I'm just trying to avoid unnecessary arguments. ^^
    MENTMAN
    MENTMAN

I am a :
    • MENTor
    • Reviewer

EXP : 1

Post by MENTMAN Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:52 pm

As someone who lives his entire world in a MENTy fresh window pane, because it is XDrandom, I can say without much pressure and conformity that there is no difference between an abridged series and a MENT series. Little Kuriboh said so, and from there hence on, it is abridging parody law and bible code for it to be true (That was random XD quote). But if you must hear a straightforward answer that satisfies you, an abridged series is something that everybody does. A MENT series are for those that have ascended past the level of an ascended abridger, a MENTOR. And I can tell you, it doesn't go...eghh...FURTHER BEYOND.
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:37 pm

If LK says it then it must be true
    PurpleEyesWTF
    PurpleEyesWTF

I am a :
    • MENTor

EXP : 0

Post by PurpleEyesWTF Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:35 am

Four letters?
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Post by Admin-sensei Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:19 am

^ That basically

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am