Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

+23
KawaiiDesuWalrusChan
Lavaros
Dejay
ZeroSigner
TraceBASS
JeremyMakesMahToast
Macauley
BizarroXcaliborg
Spunky Albatross
Bane420
KamiOfBarrels
Kuu
Abrudging101
MovesLikeJagger
6SeptaG
sydsnap
CrazyObsessive
Admin-sensei
MrSkoringo
Transformingmorpher
Runawayturist
Chommper17
Xcaliborg
27 posters

Parody Talkback Thread

Xcaliborg
    Xcaliborg

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 13

Parody Talkback Thread - Page 2 Empty Parody Talkback Thread

Post by Xcaliborg Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this thread, you may discuss the newest videos in the abridged community. Have fun with it and give your honest opinions. There are only a few rules to abide by, they are:

1. Keep insults to yourself.
    2. Have a valid argument behind why a video isn't to your preference.
    3. No harmful words to others.
    4. Be respectful to other people's opinions.
    5. You are able to post you're own videos you have created, however explain that it is yours before posting.
    6. Enjoy yourself.

Last edited by Xcaliborg on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KamiOfBarrels
    KamiOfBarrels

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Parody Talkback Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Parody Talkback Thread

Post by KamiOfBarrels Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:03 am

Parody Talkback Thread - Page 2 FJTgC
    Bane420
    Bane420

EXP : 7

Post by Bane420 Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:10 am

Me and my good friend, Jonathan Crane, where going to make an abridged series. It was too funny.
    Parody Talkback Thread - Page 2 Scarecrow
    Spunky Albatross
    Spunky Albatross

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 0

Post by Spunky Albatross Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:23 am

The Comedy Cow prefers the next STAA to not vacuum so hard.
    Abrudging101
    Abrudging101

I am a :
    • Reviewer

EXP : 9

Post by Abrudging101 Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:26 am

Spunky Albatross wrote:The Comedy Cow prefers the next STAA to not vacuum so hard.

A prime example of why we need a "like" feature
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 11

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:39 am

Abrudging101 wrote:The Denpa Onna sucks. It has doesn't have any comedic timing and it's all about intercourse. The dialogue between characters was sub-par, and I don't like visual gags that just repeat things over and over again. It's absurd and gets quite predictable. Also, people saying "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON, BUT I LIKED IT!!!". It pains me in the brain. A series needs at least a LITTLE coherance to be funny. Gah.

I rate it a 2/20

STAA was also not very good. I couldn't tell what was happening from the terrible video quality. It had terrible pacing. I couldn't follow any kind of story at all. It seemed like an attempt at some sort of MENT series (or maybe a 'Bridged). The voices don't match the characters at all. They need to sound more like the original characters.

I rate it a 3/20
    I kinda feel like the last 2 sentences of that post are you trolling. But I could be wrong! Suspect
    BizarroXcaliborg

I am a :
    • MENTor

EXP : 0

Post by BizarroXcaliborg Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:43 pm

How dare you ban my girlfriend. I find your actions unfavorable and mean. I'm going to report all of you to the mean police.
    Xcaliborg
    Xcaliborg

I am a :
    • Abridger

Post by Xcaliborg Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:33 pm

^ This guy. This guy right here.
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:17 pm

So... if you're Aussie Jordan, would that make him British Jordan? Wink scratchParody Talkback Thread - Page 2 46377510
    "Cheerio!" "Fish and chips!"
    Macauley
    Macauley

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Macauley Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Gotta say I'm enjoying Mirrai Nikki Abriged by Yunoinabox. Sucks that I can't link the video >_>
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:04 pm

hijime no ippo abridged is pretty good so far
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Macauley wrote:Gotta say I'm enjoying Mirrai Nikki Abriged by Yunoinabox. Sucks that I can't link the video >_>
    "I'm breaking and entering Yuki's house, and pretty soon, Yuki will be breaking and entering me! ...Sex!" Laughing lol!
    Macauley
    Macauley

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Macauley Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:58 pm

MovesLikeJagger wrote:
    Macauley wrote:Gotta say I'm enjoying Mirrai Nikki Abriged by Yunoinabox. Sucks that I can't link the video >_>
    "I'm breaking and entering Yuki's house, and pretty soon, Yuki will be breaking and entering me! ...Sex!" Laughing lol!

My favourite quotes from the show are... "Its funny when it happens to someone you don't give a shit about" "Shut up and let me be naked!" and "Listen up boys and girls my name is Uryuu Minene and I'm a terroris-" "why do you look like a reject vocaloid character?" <--- had me in stiches.
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:49 pm

I see...

I actually only recently started watching it, so I've only seen the 6th episode in full.
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Nappa: He took the dragon ball
    Vegeta: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    Macauley
    Macauley

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Macauley Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Nappa: Vageta was a prison...
    Vageta: Don't do it Nappa.
    Nappa: B***h...
    Vageta: God damn it Nappa!
    Abrudging101
    Abrudging101

I am a :
    • Reviewer

Post by Abrudging101 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Okay, people are talking about Marai Nikki, so I'd better give my input.

I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm just saying there are SOOO many series's I like better.

Problem 1: Hair color. Pink. PINK?!? I get it, you have to work with the footage you've got, but comon, ever heard of the color corrector tool? It comes standard in Sorny Vegas

Problem 2: The girls are voiced by actual girls. That just ain't right. Back in MY day, the boys used falsetto voices, and the girls used the pitch shift in audacity to get a boy voice. Where is the abridging that I used to know?!? Now I'm not saying that they're "wrong" for doing that, I'm just saying they're the polar opposite of "right".

Problem 3: I haven't watched Marai Nikki and I don't even think I spelled it correctly. This is a major problem. Now, I'm not saying this is a "problem", per se, I'm just saying it needs to be fixed as if it WERE a problem.

Problem 5: This series should be classified as a 'Briged series. It is not random enough to be a MENT but has too much randoum to be a abridged. I ask that they fix the title for each episode and reupload them to correct this mistake (even though I wouldn't quite call it a "mistake")

Anyways, those were the 6 issues I had with this particular abridgedmentparody. Everything else was great
    I give it a 0/20
    TraceBASS
    TraceBASS

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 3

Post by TraceBASS Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Supernatural: The Abridged Animation by TheWINChestersINC looks like it's doing terrific myself.
    Awesome voice acting, quirky humour, editing out of this world and in SPAAAAAAAACE~, and they have style.
    Style = fundamental need for good abridging, IMHO.
    ZeroSigner
    ZeroSigner

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by ZeroSigner Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:58 pm

MovesLikeJagger wrote:
    Abrudging101 wrote:The Denpa Onna sucks. It has doesn't have any comedic timing and it's all about intercourse. The dialogue between characters was sub-par, and I don't like visual gags that just repeat things over and over again. It's absurd and gets quite predictable. Also, people saying "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON, BUT I LIKED IT!!!". It pains me in the brain. A series needs at least a LITTLE coherance to be funny. Gah.

I rate it a 2/20

STAA was also not very good. I couldn't tell what was happening from the terrible video quality. It had terrible pacing. I couldn't follow any kind of story at all. It seemed like an attempt at some sort of MENT series (or maybe a 'Bridged). The voices don't match the characters at all. They need to sound more like the original characters.

I rate it a 3/20
    I kinda feel like the last 2 sentences of that post are you trolling. But I could be wrong! Suspect
    very interseting thought Suspect
    Abrudging101
    Abrudging101

I am a :
    • Reviewer

Post by Abrudging101 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:03 am

ZeroSigner wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:

I rate it a 2/20

I rate it a 3/20

I don't troll, I'm just saying that if I watch an abridged, it's because I like the anime. If the characters don't sound like the ones from the anime, then it just kinda ruins it for me, along with (I'm sure) many other people.
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:23 am

Abrudging101 wrote:
    ZeroSigner wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:

I rate it a 2/20

I rate it a 3/20

I don't troll, I'm just saying that if I watch an abridged, it's because I like the anime. If the characters don't sound like the ones from the anime, then it just kinda ruins it for me, along with (I'm sure) many other people.
    That's kinda picky, its just a comedy show. I think your placing too many expectations that that shouldn't be there. If they tried so hard to sound like the actual character then It wouldn't be anything original.A abridged or MENT series would begin and end at being a parody and nothing more
    ZeroSigner
    ZeroSigner

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by ZeroSigner Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:50 am

JeremyMakesMahToast wrote:
    Abrudging101 wrote:
    ZeroSigner wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:

I rate it a 2/20

I rate it a 3/20

That's kinda picky, its just a comedy show. I think your placing too many expectations that that shouldn't be there. If they tried so hard to sound like the actual character then It wouldn't be anything original.A abridged or MENT series would begin and end at being a parody and nothing more
    you mean he was netpicking ?
    Dejay
    Dejay

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other

EXP : 4

Post by Dejay Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:07 am

I'm just going to leave this here just in case anyone missed this special sneak peek:

Xcaliborg
    Xcaliborg

I am a :
    • Abridger

Post by Xcaliborg Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:50 am

Dejay, I really liked the small segment you showed!

This should be something pretty great!
    Lavaros
    Lavaros

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Lavaros Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:07 am

I am intrigued by this rendition of Soul Eater as well.
    Dejay
    Dejay

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other

EXP : 4

Post by Dejay Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to releasing part one and two. We put a ton of work into it, especially with editing, trust me. Lol. Its gonna be great! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:49 am