Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

+9
zeromaster
Kuu
KamiOfBarrels
Chommper17
Prinnydood07
NipponIchiHero
CrazyObsessive
Admin-sensei
MovesLikeJagger
13 posters

Persona Five

MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 11

Persona Five - Page 2 Empty Persona Five

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Very Happy Who else is really excited for the latest installment of this series? I loved P3, but P4 was a bit of a letdown, tbh. The "people getting thrown in the TV" shit was just too absurd for me, for starters. Suspect Teddie was by far the most annoying character, too. Really hoping Atlus atones with 5.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Persona Five - Page 2 Empty Re: Persona Five

Post by Admin-sensei Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:09 pm

MovesLikeJagger wrote:Btw, how is Persona 4 Arena?? I dunno if I wanna rent it via Gamefly, tbqh. I mean, it is a fighting game primarily, is it not? Straight fighting games without a comprehensive storyline don't really tickle my fancy, so to speak. I've heard that there is something of a "story mode", but is it all that comprehensive or interesting? Or is it pretty much the same as other fighting games' "story modes", like, say, Tekken or Dead or Alive?

If you've ever played "Blazblue" then the story mode is pretty similar to that. The story itself is written as an epilogue to P4. It is a fighting game though, but it's very fun because they made it an easier fighting system for RPG players to be able to play along with the pros. Overall, it's worth at least a try so you can see if you want to buy it because it's a lot of fun... unless you're online because people spam auto-combos.
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Hm... Well, I didn't really care for Blazblue, but what I'd really like to know is- how interactive is the story mode in P4A? The story mode's not all that interactive or open-ended... is it? I'd imagine it's not nearly as interactive as the original Persona 4, but maybe Atlus has a few surprises up its sleeve here!

I think what I liked most about the Persona games was the open-endedness w/ regards to things like Social Links and the interactivity. Without that, I'm not sure I'd be all that enticed.
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 7

Post by Evil Fefe Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:35 am

MovesLikeJagger wrote:Btw, how is Persona 4 Arena?? I dunno if I wanna rent it via Gamefly, tbqh. I mean, it is a fighting game primarily, is it not? Straight fighting games without a comprehensive storyline don't really tickle my fancy, so to speak. I've heard that there is something of a "story mode", but is it all that comprehensive or interesting? Or is it pretty much the same as other fighting games' "story modes", like, say, Tekken or Dead or Alive?
    The story mode takes about 36 hours to complete, It is actually really good and it sets up for the next Persona game

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Post by Admin-sensei Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:23 am

MovesLikeJagger wrote:Hm... Well, I didn't really care for Blazblue, but what I'd really like to know is- how interactive is the story mode in P4A? The story mode's not all that interactive or open-ended... is it? I'd imagine it's not nearly as interactive as the original Persona 4, but maybe Atlus has a few surprises up its sleeve here!

I think what I liked most about the Persona games was the open-endedness w/ regards to things like Social Links and the interactivity. Without that, I'm not sure I'd be all that enticed.

there isn't a real "Open-endedness" in the game because overall, it's a fighting game and not really another of their RPGs. You still can make some decisions, but as Evil Fefe said, it's kinda hinting towards the next persona.
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Evil Fefe wrote:
    The story mode takes about 36 hours to complete, It is actually really good and it sets up for the next Persona game

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post
    Is that so? flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content