Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

+9
zeromaster
Kuu
KamiOfBarrels
Chommper17
Prinnydood07
NipponIchiHero
CrazyObsessive
Admin-sensei
MovesLikeJagger
13 posters

Persona Five

MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 11

Persona Five Empty Persona Five

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:52 am

Very Happy Who else is really excited for the latest installment of this series? I loved P3, but P4 was a bit of a letdown, tbh. The "people getting thrown in the TV" shit was just too absurd for me, for starters. Suspect Teddie was by far the most annoying character, too. Really hoping Atlus atones with 5.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Persona Five Empty Re: Persona Five

Post by Admin-sensei Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:56 am

MovesLikeJagger wrote:Very Happy Who else is really excited for the latest installment of this series? I loved P3, but P4 was a bit of a letdown, tbh. The "people getting thrown in the TV" shit was just too absurd for me, for starters. Suspect Really hoping Atlus atones with 5.

"People getting thrown into a tv is absurd"

...Right... and a school that randomly turns into a 100 floor randomized dungeon at midnight ISN'T? Overall, P4 wouldn't be so popular if it wasn't better that P3... which it is. P3 was interesting for it's time because of the overly dark aesthetic it used, but it was TOO dark to the point where it started getting repetitive. P4 was much better because at least they threw in some twists here and there. In the end, both are amazing games, but you shouldn't bash on one of them just because you prefer to shoot yourself in the head.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:00 am

Also,
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:Teddie was by far the most annoying character, too.

Would you have preferred it if he said, "*Gasp* The enemy!" all the time like Fuuka?
    CrazyObsessive
    CrazyObsessive

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 6

Post by CrazyObsessive Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:38 am

My opinion of yours differs in regards to P4 so in order to avoid any sort of conflict whatsoever I'm going to refrain from saying anything useful/productive.
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 16

Post by NipponIchiHero Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:54 am

I've only managed to beat P3, but I only got half way through P4. My friend who had P4 at the time, moved to Vancouver and I never got to finish the game with him. But, I've been play Persona 4-Arena a lot and it's been a blast. A lot of times, it's just me playing against my older brother with a Yu vs. Yu match.
    Now with Persona 5, all I'm hoping is that they keep the battle system somewhat the same. Story wise, I'm sure ATLUS can handle that easily.
    Prinnydood07
    Prinnydood07

I am a :
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 0

Post by Prinnydood07 Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:48 am

I actually enjoyed Persona 4 much more than Persona 3. It hard to describe it, but I just liked the overall feel of Persona 4 better. The protagonist was a lot kinder and didn't seem as introverted as the MC from P3.
    Chommper17
    Chommper17

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 4

Post by Chommper17 Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 am

I have to agree with Prinny,the feel of The Protagonist in P4 is more well rounded then in P3. Plus personally think that the mysteriousness P4 is Greater than P3 as well......T.V's are Quite Nice~
    KamiOfBarrels
    KamiOfBarrels

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Post by KamiOfBarrels Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:46 am

I'm with Chommper and Prinney on this one. P3 had it's moments, but it was continuously dark. P4 had plenty of emotions like creepy, suspensful, sad, happy. A Nice little mix.
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:21 am

Admin-sensei wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:Very Happy Who else is really excited for the latest installment of this series? I loved P3, but P4 was a bit of a letdown, tbh. The "people getting thrown in the TV" shit was just too absurd for me, for starters. Suspect Really hoping Atlus atones with 5.

"People getting thrown into a tv is absurd"

...Right... and a school that randomly turns into a 100 floor randomized dungeon at midnight ISN'T? Overall, P4 wouldn't be so popular if it wasn't better that P3... which it is. P3 was interesting for it's time because of the overly dark aesthetic it used, but it was TOO dark to the point where it started getting repetitive. P4 was much better because at least they threw in some twists here and there. In the end, both are amazing games, but you shouldn't bash on one of them just because you prefer to shoot yourself in the head.
    Well... it did fit the dark, creepy tone of the previous games before it. Throwing people into some weird "Tv world" seemed- what's the word- bland? I guess. Rolling Eyes Blase'?

I also enjoyed the fact that you actually had to make really important life decisions, like whether or not to kill a close friend or classmate like Ryuji or whatever his name was... with the fate of the universe hinging on your decision. Aegis slowly becoming an actual human girl and less and less of a "typical robot"was pretty cool. Plus, Mitsuru was pretty awesome. Sure, she may be the "typical overachiever who comes from a wealthy or powerful family", but at least she wasn't a huge bitch. Smile You, the cool Minato, could also get in a relationship with her as one of your social links and win her heart.

The music for P3 was pretty sweet, too. The ending song for P4 was ok, but I get pumped whenever I hear "Kimi no Kioku." Very Happy I didn't really care for Fuuka, though, tbh.

Last edited by MovesLikeJagger on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kuu
    Kuu

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 22

Post by Kuu Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 am

Persona Five 31eWG

UGUUU. I REALLY NEED TO PLAY PERSONA AT SOME POINT.
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:24 am

Well... I am pretty introverted myself. geek

And I guess the "apocalyptic" nature of P3 just really drew me in.

Last edited by MovesLikeJagger on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Prinnydood07
    Prinnydood07

I am a :
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Prinnydood07 Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:27 am

Kuu wrote:Persona Five 31eWG

UGUUU. I REALLY NEED TO PLAY PERSONA AT SOME POINT.

If I get to actually go to Youma-con I'll let you play a copy of either P3 or P4... depending on which you prefer~
    KamiOfBarrels
    KamiOfBarrels

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by KamiOfBarrels Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:29 am

MovesLikeJagger wrote:Well... I am pretty introverted myself. geek

And I guess the "apocalyptic" nature of P3 just really drew me in.
    The fog rolling over the real world from the TV world, was pretty apocalyptic itself, and it made a lot more sense as to how someone was thrown into the TV world. In Persona 3, people said they somehow wandered into the dungeon and got stuck, HOW DO THEY WANDER THAT HIGH UP? I rest my case.
    Chommper17
    Chommper17

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 4

Post by Chommper17 Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:33 am

I like the T.V. World better the Then the Tower, Because It was Creating Reality on what everyone does not want to see or want to see, But in the Tower they just beat up shadows and save who "wander" in there ;n;
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil But what about a boss as awesome as the last one in P3 (the huge, really weird-looking, "evil" one)? Or the main character flying up towards "him" to basically sacrifice himself to save the entire world only to lose the remaining life energy right on Graduation Day graduation, ironically Cool Or Aigis's little mini-speech right before that about "having a purpose"

That speech from Mitsuru-senpai was pretty fucking cool, too. Just a handful of awesome moments that really stuck with me from it.

The "everyone except the SEEDS (or whatever it was called) team 'freezing' and laying in coffins all around the city on Midnight Hour" was kinda cool. P4 just had a 'foreboding' fog Razz
    KamiOfBarrels
    KamiOfBarrels

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by KamiOfBarrels Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:21 pm

MovesLikeJagger wrote:Twisted Evil Twisted Evil But what about a boss as awesome as the last one in P3 (the huge, really weird-looking, "evil" one)? Or the main character flying up towards "him" to basically sacrifice himself to save the entire world only to lose the remaining life energy right on Graduation Day graduation, ironically Cool Or Aigis's little mini-speech right before that about "having a purpose"

That speech from Mitsuru-senpai was pretty fucking cool, too. Just a handful of awesome moments that really stuck with me from it.

The "everyone except the SEEDS (or whatever it was called) team 'freezing' and laying in coffins all around the city on Midnight Hour" was kinda cool. P4 just had a 'foreboding' fog Razz
    It's name was Nyx. Lol.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:25 pm

Also, the fog was there for symbolism. (I'm not going to say what it meant for risk of spoilers) But also, remember how in P4 anyone could have found out what was going on and started trying to intervene. There was even one person who DID figure out that the midnight channel and the fog were tied to the mysterious murders and tried to pull a copy-cat crime. THAT is storyline. THAT is plot. There wasn't much of those types of twists or increase in plot aspects in P3.
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:33 pm

KamiOfBarrels wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:Twisted Evil Twisted Evil But what about a boss as awesome as the last one in P3 (the huge, really weird-looking, "evil" one)? Or the main character flying up towards "him" to basically sacrifice himself to save the entire world only to lose the remaining life energy right on Graduation Day graduation, ironically Cool Or Aigis's little mini-speech right before that about "having a purpose"

It's name was Nyx. Lol.
    ah, yes... I thought so at first, but then I looked up "Nyx" on Google Image Search, and a bunch of pics of some weird-looking monster woman came up. Come to think of it, weren't there like 3 or 4 "stages" of Nyx in the final battle or some shit?
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:37 pm

MovesLikeJagger wrote:
    KamiOfBarrels wrote:

It's name was Nyx. Lol.
    ah, yes... I thought so at first, but then I looked up "Nyx" on Google Image Search, and a bunch of pics of some weird-looking monster woman came up. Come to think of it, weren't there like 3 or 4 "stages" of Nyx in the final battle or some shit?

Actually you have to fight Nyx about 13-14 times, and it is based on greek mythology.
    zeromaster
    zeromaster

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress
    • Reviewer

Post by zeromaster Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:47 pm

they need to remake shin megami tensei on the SuFami
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Ah, yes... 13-14??? Was it really that many? Shocked I thought it was, at best, 10. Wow... Shows you how long it's been since I've played P3! Basketball
    ghostfreak3012
    ghostfreak3012

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by ghostfreak3012 Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:30 pm

I played Persona 3 Portable (male), Persona 4 and only got about half way in both of them but i still am looking forward to the 5th game.

P.s. I watched 20 out of 25 of persona 4 the animation so that's where most of my persona 4 knowledge comes from.
    Dazmon
    Dazmon

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Dazmon Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:46 pm

well I personally loved Persona 3, its one of the best games out there and as for persona 4, i'll play it when it comes out on the vita. but really both persona 3 and 4 are cool, hopefully persona 5 is even better
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Btw, how is Persona 4 Arena?? I dunno if I wanna rent it via Gamefly, tbqh. I mean, it is a fighting game primarily, is it not? Straight fighting games without a comprehensive storyline don't really tickle my fancy, so to speak. I've heard that there is something of a "story mode", but is it all that comprehensive or interesting? Or is it pretty much the same as other fighting games' "story modes", like, say, Tekken or Dead or Alive?
    dp123
    dp123

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by dp123 Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 pm

man i can't wait for persona 5 to come out when it does i will get it Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content