Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

+4
Xcaliborg
CrazyObsessive
Lavaros
FlamingGuitarVA
8 posters

The Beginning Tutorial into how to do "Lip-Flaps" in Abridging or "MENT"

FlamingGuitarVA
    FlamingGuitarVA

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 0

The Beginning Tutorial into how to do "Lip-Flaps" in Abridging or "MENT" Empty The Beginning Tutorial into how to do "Lip-Flaps" in Abridging or "MENT"

Post by FlamingGuitarVA Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:58 am

Can't seem to make your audio sync up to your video because the part is just too short? Are you ALWAYS repeating the same scene OVER and OVER to make it seem like the character is moving their lips and the background is doing the same thing over and over again, making the scene look really choppy and kind of weird?

Well, now there is a way we can help you guys!

With the use of new technology such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro, you can do such things as those. Not with that SILLY and OVER-USED Windows Movie Maker. You silly gooses thought you'd be able to do lipflaps with Windows Movie Maker? Well TOO BAD. Unless you can get at least 20-30 frames a second, which WMM cannot provide, it will be impossible to do.

You will need these certain bits of equipment:

-Sony Vegas Pro 9,10 or 11. [ 11 if you want to be SUPER FANCEH~. ]
    - Final Cut Pro/Express [ For those of us whom are Mac Users. ]
    - Adobe Premiere Pro
    - Adobe Photoshop [ For more advanced tips like "masking". ]
    - A certain Anime that you desire to MENT or Abridge.
    - A lot of patience.
    - Mountain Dew. [ Lots of it. ]

Alright, after you've configured your video editing software, you'll need to be able to take still frames of said character, one of the character having a closed mouth, a semi-open mouth, and a really wide open-mouthed frame. That way, you'll be able to create the illusion that your character is saying the lines that you have created for them. You lay down the audio track of the line you have said, and then you configure the still frames to match the audio. Per example, if your character is going to say something like, "Oh". Then the frames should be something like this.

Closed mouth, semi open-mouth, wide-open mouth, semi-open mouth, closed mouth.

For more advanced ways of being able to edit lip-flaps, such as masking, Adobe Photoshop will be able to do the trick.

For more information about being able to do things such as this, consult some of our Moderators, they will be able to give more of an informative introduction into the world of lip-flaps.

Last edited by FlamingGuitarVA on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lavaros
    Lavaros

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

The Beginning Tutorial into how to do "Lip-Flaps" in Abridging or "MENT" Empty Re: The Beginning Tutorial into how to do "Lip-Flaps" in Abridging or "MENT"

Post by Lavaros Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 am

Not to diminish your tutorial. But Final Cut Pro/Express is a good alternative for a Mac user, it just takes some getting used to, because there's no real hand holding with the program.
    FlamingGuitarVA
    FlamingGuitarVA

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

The Beginning Tutorial into how to do "Lip-Flaps" in Abridging or "MENT" Empty Re: The Beginning Tutorial into how to do "Lip-Flaps" in Abridging or "MENT"

Post by FlamingGuitarVA Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 am

You know, I completely forgot about those programs, thanks for helping!
    Lavaros
    Lavaros

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Post by Lavaros Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:56 am

More then happy to help.
    Also would Coke work as a substitute for Mountain Dew? I don't really like it.

Super added bonus: iMovie is pretty much on the same level as Windows Movie maker in terms of quality of videos, it has some useful tools for beginners, and it helped my transition to Final Cut Pro.. but still, it is kind of a bad program, especially if you want to edit sound in multiple tracks.
    FlamingGuitarVA
    FlamingGuitarVA

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by FlamingGuitarVA Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:05 am

Lavaros wrote:More then happy to help.
    Also would Coke work as a substitute for Mountain Dew? I don't really like it.

Super added bonus: iMovie is pretty much on the same level as Windows Movie maker in terms of quality of videos, it has some useful tools for beginners, and it helped my transition to Final Cut Pro.. but still, it is kind of a bad program, especially if you want to edit sound in multiple tracks.

Uhm, I would say Coke could do justice. But the end result would vary.
    CrazyObsessive
    CrazyObsessive

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 6

Post by CrazyObsessive Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:32 am

Excellent thread! Thanks for sharing!
    Xcaliborg
    Xcaliborg

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 13

Post by Xcaliborg Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:07 am

Yes, this is a good thread! Nice work

Heres Zeros tutorial for LIPFLAPS~

Shooter2435
    Shooter2435

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 1

Post by Shooter2435 Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:14 am

for about 3 years i've been honing my skills in practicing Final Cut Pro 7. Last semester My teacher got ahold of Final Cut Pro X. I've learned how to use it properly and since last year i actually attempted to create a practice abridged series. I think i might have gotten it down just enough but i'm not to sure.
    i could've finished it...but....one of my classmates....*sniff*....Deleted it!

Final Cut Pro is awesome but somewhat pricy as well :/
    Ezekieru
    Ezekieru
    Banned
    Banned

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 3

Post by Ezekieru Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:27 pm

These two tutorials from KaiserNeko are a much more presentable set of videos to watch if you want to learn how to do frame-by-frame lip-sync in your non-linear editors. Definitely worth a watch.

Xcaliborg
    Xcaliborg

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 13

Post by Xcaliborg Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Yes, I myself learned from Kaisers videos. Didnt know they were on Youtube though. Watched on the TFS website...
    KawaiiDesuWalrusChan
    KawaiiDesuWalrusChan

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Parodyist/other
    • Reviewer

EXP : 3

Post by KawaiiDesuWalrusChan Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Xcaliborg wrote:Yes, this is a good thread! Nice work

Heres Zeros tutorial for LIPFLAPS~

How have I never seen this video before?
    totoyamado
    totoyamado

I am a :
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 1

Post by totoyamado Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Xcaliborg wrote:Yes, I myself learned from Kaisers videos. Didnt know they were on Youtube though. Watched on the TFS website...

yeah i learned from them too and just learned recently they were on youtube and decided i'd help by linking it but looks like someone beat me to the punch xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:35 am