Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

2 posters

Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps.

Lavaros
    Lavaros

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps. Empty Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps.

Post by Lavaros Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:13 am

Okay, so I figured I'd stir the pot with my basic editing styles.

First, you'll need an image manipulation program, something that uses layers, and a "Free Select Tool" it's the one that looks like a lasso. Second you will need images taken from the anime/cartoon/movie that you want, with the character of your choice, the less your characters look blends into the background, the better, as it helps you select your image easier.

So now that you have all these things, open up your program, and the base image you want to use as your first lip flaps, just go with a closed mouth for now.

For gimp users, copy the image and make a new file, paste and add a new layer, and click the eye next to the background.

Use your lasso tool to get the character you want, get the entire character and try to eliminate the background as best you can.

Done that? Great. Save your image as a .PNG file, but don't close it yet, we've still got work to do.

Now copy and paste the base lip flaps from your other pictures into the one you just saved, use your lasso tool again, but now you can go into the character, just don't touch the eyes or the lips, and you'll be fine.

Do this however many times you need, but always choose Save As when saving your new lip flap, you don't want to have to undo and resave everything.

This is how I made my recent Maskable lipflaps, which will be used in the HOTDA Q&A video.

Oh by the way there is a reason why I'm using Kyon here, but for that reason you'd have to ask John.

Spoiler:
    mattroks101
    mattroks101

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Reviewer

EXP : 3

Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps. Empty Re: Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps.

Post by mattroks101 Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:15 am

An easier way, if you just want lipflaps, is to just mask his mouth, and whatever else moves when he speaks. This can be done very easily in Vegas by just selecting the masking option, and cutting out his mouth.

Example:

Closed
    Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps. 2eb6af3355844ced51f54dc2d977ac51

Half Open
    Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps. ZoQx1

So here's how you fix it:

Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps. QuJ7ih

Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps. FWZdY

Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps. YYQyd

And problem fixed
    Lavaros and the Maskable Lip Flaps. CCFmt

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:49 pm