Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

5 posters

Any one else here a fan of Visual Novels?

Macauley
    Macauley

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 2

Any one else here a fan of Visual Novels? Empty Any one else here a fan of Visual Novels?

Post by Macauley Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Since there isn't any other threads about visual novels on the forums yet I figured I'd get the ball rolling and start with mentioning my first/favourite visual novels and opinions on some of them.

Alright to start out my first visual novel was Katawa Shoujo back in Feb when it realeased. I was completely new to the concept of VN's (Visual Novels) and interested in the theme of the "disabled girls" since this has never been in any anime I've seen before. I found myself getting a hobby for VN's since I have always loved reading good stories ever since I took the time to read Darren Shans Vampire saga books. My overall opinion of the game was great, the H was unexpected but turned out to be alright. My favourite route was Lilys and my favourite character was Hanako. Moving on...

My next two visual novels were recomended by a random fellow on a chatango chat. They were Little Busters! and G - Senjou no Maou both of which are totally sweet.
    I like all the characters in both novels and the deep, emotional stories they both had. G - Senjou no Maou had a badass ending while Little Busters! refrain route had me in tears for a good 5 minutes. Can't wait for Ex and Kud wafter translations. Deardrops is a game I'd like to mention just because I love the soundtrack in it ^^.

Other than those I havn't really played anything major. but other games I've tried are (in no particular order): Violated Hero (unfinished), Dengeki Stryker, Hoshizora no Memoria, Kamidori alchemy meister (unfinished), Kira Kira (unfinished), Koihime Musou, Magical Teacher, Maji de watashi ni koi shinasai! or Majikoi (Awaiting further translations), Muv Luv, Osana or My girlfriend is the president!, Prisoner Market, School Days, Rance 2 (unfinished), Sengoku Rance (Can't beat the god damn demon army!), Shuffle!, Wanko to Kurasou and last but not least Yume Miru Kusuri.

I know I wen't on for quite a bit but I'd love to hear some other peoples opinions and favourite VN's.
    ryou419

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 1

Any one else here a fan of Visual Novels? Empty Re: Any one else here a fan of Visual Novels?

Post by ryou419 Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:33 pm

I got into them for while, but with all the new anime releases I haven't played one in a while, I've played Shuffle, Clannad, Katawa Shoujo, Majikoi, and some minor titles.
    Macauley
    Macauley

I am a :
    • Fan

Any one else here a fan of Visual Novels? Empty Re: Any one else here a fan of Visual Novels?

Post by Macauley Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:39 pm

I've been reading them as they have been realeased over the months the most recent ones being School Days and Violated Hero.
    I also find it easy to read them since this season the animes I watch release on a thursday, sat, sun and a monday so I have the rest of the week to read or stream/play games.
    ryou419

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 1

Post by ryou419 Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:45 pm

ahh, that's nice, mine is a prediciment of overloading, since I watch between 10 to 20 series a week.
    Macauley
    Macauley

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Macauley Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Dayum thats a lot of anime... tis all worth it though!
    John.38.
    John.38.

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 7

Post by John.38. Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:23 am

Any one else here a fan of Visual Novels? 6scUg

Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 18

Post by Neonie Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:31 am

The ones I'm interested in almost never get translated. I took a look at T.L. wiki and played Little Busters but nothing else on their really caught my interest.

I really want Kud Wafter and Cafe Sourire to get translated.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Post by Admin-sensei Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:26 am

Neonie wrote:The ones I'm interested in almost never get translated. I took a look at T.L. wiki and played Little Busters but nothing else on their really caught my interest.

I really want Kud Wafter

want Kud Wafter

Kud Wafter

Kud Wafter Translation Project
    Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 18

Post by Neonie Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:30 am

Admin-sensei wrote:
    Neonie wrote:The ones I'm interested in almost never get translated. I took a look at T.L. wiki and played Little Busters but nothing else on their really caught my interest.

I really want Kud Wafter

want Kud Wafter

Kud Wafter

I was not aware of this. Sweet.
    Macauley
    Macauley

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Macauley Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:22 am

Admin-sensei wrote:

I really want Kud Wafter

want Kud Wafter

Kud Wafter

Admin-sensei I love you for linkining this. I also wasn't aware of them existing ^^

As for Neonie I recommend G - Senjou no Maou its story is really good. Slow starting but once you get onto the main route it gets amazing.
    And the side routes themselves are pritty sweet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:23 pm