Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

+3
MovesLikeJagger
NipponIchiHero
KamiOfBarrels
7 posters

Metal Gear Solid

KamiOfBarrels
    KamiOfBarrels

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Metal Gear Solid Empty Metal Gear Solid

Post by KamiOfBarrels Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 am

Anyone for the Metal Gear Solid franchise? I'm always up for a discussion about it. One of my all time favorite games, to be honest. I have high hopes for the new Metal Gear game coming out, though knowing it's completely focused on Raiden.
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 16

Metal Gear Solid Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid

Post by NipponIchiHero Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:24 am

I'm totally up for it! I got into the series by watching my older brother play Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Eventually I played it and was committed to playing the previous ones and any of the new ones.
    The one that I got the most enjoyment out of was Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It was on the PSP and I could play it anytime I wanted. The story was interesting enough to be on par with the other MGS games and all the missions were condensed into quick go's. When you went through a mission and you had to fight a boss next, they would stop the mission and allow you to choose your equipment for the Boss Fight in the next mission. I am also happy to hear about the recent Metal Gear Rising game. It's going to be Raiden as the main character, but Snake still might make a cameo.

MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 11

Post by MovesLikeJagger Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 am

I love Metal Gear! cheers
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 7

Post by Evil Fefe Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:17 pm

NipponIchiHero wrote:I'm totally up for it! I got into the series by watching my older brother play Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Eventually I played it and was committed to playing the previous ones and any of the new ones.
    The one that I got the most enjoyment out of was Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It was on the PSP and I could play it anytime I wanted. The story was interesting enough to be on par with the other MGS games and all the missions were condensed into quick go's. When you went through a mission and you had to fight a boss next, they would stop the mission and allow you to choose your equipment for the Boss Fight in the next mission. I am also happy to hear about the recent Metal Gear Rising game. It's going to be Raiden as the main character, but Snake still might make a cameo.

Snake can't make a cameo. At the end of MGS4 he only had 1 month to live and Rising takes place Several Years later then MGS4, If you do the math Snake has been dead for a while.
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:I love Metal Gear! cheers
    Don't we all?
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post by NipponIchiHero Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Evil Fefe wrote:
    NipponIchiHero wrote:I'm totally up for it! I got into the series by watching my older brother play Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Eventually I played it and was committed to playing the previous ones and any of the new ones.

Snake can't make a cameo. At the end of MGS4 he only had 1 month to live and Rising takes place Several Years later then MGS4, If you do the math Snake has been dead for a while.
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:I love Metal Gear! cheers
    Don't we all?
    I would only think that Mr. Kojima would throw a curve ball of that magnitude. But, you're right. Snake is a immortal Badass, but he isn't actually immortal.
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Smile The Easter eggs the developers casually include in the games are also seem like nice treats, esp. in the first 2 games of MGS. Of course, I'm always too busy trying to just finish the game to do much looking around for them, and then I read about the goodies on sites like Gamewinners, and I'm like, "f**k! I already sent the game back to Gamefly." Sad
    Killer Se7en
    Killer Se7en

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 9

Post by Killer Se7en Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Metal Gear launches nukes...It can't be No
    Metal Gear Solid DZnFw
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:45 am

MovesLikeJagger wrote:Smile The Easter eggs the developers casually include in the games are also seem like nice treats, esp. in the first 2 games of MGS. Of course, I'm always too busy trying to just finish the game to do much looking around for them, and then I read about the goodies on sites like Gamewinners, and I'm like, "f**k! I already sent the game back to Gamefly." Sad
    Gamefly...GAMEFLY!? These games deserve a special place in your video game collection, You should think about buying them, I've beat each MGS game about 15 times. Except for Peace Walker, Acid 1, Acid 2, and Portable Ops. Those I've only beat about 2 times.
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post by NipponIchiHero Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:39 am

Evil Fefe wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:Smile The Easter eggs the developers casually include in the games are also seem like nice treats, esp. in the first 2 games of MGS. Of course, I'm always too busy trying to just finish the game to do much looking around for them, and then I read about the goodies on sites like Gamewinners, and I'm like, "f**k! I already sent the game back to Gamefly." Sad
    Gamefly...GAMEFLY!? These games deserve a special place in your video game collection, You should think about buying them, I've beat each MGS game about 15 times. Except for Peace Walker, Acid 1, Acid 2, and Portable Ops. Those I've only beat about 2 times.
    As Evil Fefe said, MGS is a game that is worthy to being any gamers collection of games. The MGS gmae I played the most on console would be MGS3: Snake Eater with about 8 playthroughs. While MGS: Peace Walker I've probably played through 13 times.
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:56 am

NipponIchiHero wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:
    As Evil Fefe said, MGS is a game that is worthy to being any gamers collection of games. The MGS gmae I played the most on console would be MGS3: Snake Eater with about 8 playthroughs. While MGS: Peace Walker I've probably played through 13 times.
    You must have really liked Peace Walker, I wished when I had it on Psp one of my friends had it so we can Co-Op. Thankfully they re-released it in Hd on consoles
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by MovesLikeJagger Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Evil Fefe wrote:
    Well, I would've bought them if I had the money. pale I usually played those games right after they came out, so they were buttfuck expensive. Mad
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:39 pm

JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Evil Fefe wrote:HOLY SHEET!
    METAL GEAR SOLID MOVIE!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/30/metal-gear-movie-announced
    SilverSyko
    SilverSyko

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by SilverSyko Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:08 pm

It's going to be an adaptation of the first MGS game for PSX. Calling it now.~

(Or "The Twin Snakes" for those with a Gamecube.)
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:57 pm

im gonna guess snake eater
    SilverSyko
    SilverSyko

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by SilverSyko Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Wow, not only a movie announcement but the next major game was announced too, "Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero".

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/30/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-is-the-next-major-metal-gear-game/

Time for some more action with Big Boss. Apparently in an open world environment this time too.~
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:37 pm

probably just another sandbox although metal gear solid is good about using nonlinear mechanics..on expert mode
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:50 am

I doubt a game adaption, It will probably be a movie about something we've heard and haven't seen in the MGS universe. The Boss and WWII, Philanthropy, and some other things I'm forgetting to mention.

Also not only did they announced the Movie today but they also showed off some of the New Metal Gear Solid game
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/30/metal-gear-ground-zeroes-reportedly-teased-in-fox-engine-debu/

EDIT: Didn't check page 2 SilverSyko beat me to it Hours ago
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post by NipponIchiHero Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:09 am

I'd love to see some more action with Big Boss.
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:32 am

Snaaaake eaaater the movie XD
    SilverSyko
    SilverSyko

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by SilverSyko Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:41 am

First cinematic trailer for Ground Zeroes:

It's a direct sequel to Peace Walker and will act as the "prolouge" for Metal Gear Solid 5.
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post by NipponIchiHero Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:41 am

Hearing that Paz is still alive, I would think there following from the 'True Ending' of Peace Walker. Although, Chico is older now, so I'm wonder if he's taking the place as Comandante. There so many things that could happen, I'm so psyched! X3
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:52 pm

NipponIchiHero wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:
    NipponIchiHero wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:
    NipponIchiHero wrote:
    Evil Fefe wrote:Right now I am Marathoning some Metal Gear games, Ground Zeros gameplay got me pumped and gave me the instant urge to play Metal Gear

Yup, Ground Zeros is gonna be one heck of a game. And to hear it's a direct sequel to Peace Walker has got my full attention to it.

Metal Gear Solid THESNAKEDANCE
    I'm more interested to find out that Paz is alive, It's really nerve wrecking to know she survived.

Also in the trailer, Did you see how the boy (it might be Chico) had an Audio jack in his chest. I wonder what the hell that means

Well, with Paz still being alive would lead me to think that they're going off from the 'True Ending" of Peace Walker.
    Yeah, I also want to know why he was a Traitor?(It might be Chico, I mean, Big Boss has gotten somewhat older.) AND WHY DID HE SELL OUT FOR A AUDIO TAPE!?
    The question is, Who would he have sold out? His sister Amanda because I highly doubt Chico for that kind of person.

Also of course they're going off the true ending, But what gets me is why they call him Snake. He made it very clear at the end of Peace Walker he wanted everyone to call him Big Boss.
    It's funny, because I instantly thought of Amanda to be one that he sold out to, but I don't think Chico is that weak of a person and that boy doesn't really look like him on closer inspection.
    This is a trailer and it's established that Big Boss is on mission. And on a mission, I think they would call him by his code name.
    His code name is Big Boss though, That's all it ever was.

And to me the boy looks like a Hi Res Chico to me

Metal Gear Solid 1000px-Chico_def_up_fix
    Metal Gear Solid YN6qf

EDIT: Went in paint with a screenshot instead of linking Trailer

Last edited by Evil Fefe on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post by NipponIchiHero Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:53 pm

You got it, buddy. Wink

Metal Gear Solid Otacon_Sprite_2_Thumbs_up__by_Hawkstar5

But hey, Kaz won't be around now though, right? I mean from what was said at the credits of the True Ending.
    Evil Fefe
    Evil Fefe

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by Evil Fefe Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:59 pm

NipponIchiHero wrote:You got it, buddy. Wink

Metal Gear Solid Otacon_Sprite_2_Thumbs_up__by_Hawkstar5

But hey, Kaz won't be around now though, right? I mean from what was said at the credits of the True Ending.
    The one thing I'm stumped on is, Who the Hell is Freddy Krueger. Some people think it's Zero but that's impossible because In MGS4 Zero was not that disfigured.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:52 pm