Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

+22
Lavaros
Gregitty
Neonie
FruitCupkun
Solstus
orin526
Speedy149KidKira
KaggyVA
ghostfreak3012
Admin-sensei
SSDrWh0
Chommper17
mattroks101
DEEsidia97
Jpace92
maddogg91
AnimeLawyers (QuizGuru)
Mastervoicexd
MovesLikeJagger
Piclone
TheHawk
Xcaliborg
26 posters

Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got!

Xcaliborg
    Xcaliborg

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 13

Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got! - Page 2 Empty Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got!

Post by Xcaliborg Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Decided to make a separate thread for showing off your series.

Basically the same rules apply here with the parody discussion thread. However you're encouraged to post your series and show everyone what you have to offer.

Remember, this thread is for fun, not to just go on a massive tangent explaining in every detail why something isnt to your liking
    Chommper17
    Chommper17

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 4

Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got! - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got!

Post by Chommper17 Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 am

Piclone wrote:This is the latest video I've made (probably not as good as the previous ones but who cares Wink)
    "You're making it sound gay Kyon, Don't make it sound gay....Because it's not." I loved that
    Mastervoicexd
    Mastervoicexd

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 1

Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got! - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got!

Post by Mastervoicexd Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 am

As promised Episode 2 of Arbridgimon tamers is up

please leave a comment on the video to tell me what you think
    SSDrWh0
    SSDrWh0

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Fan

EXP : 0

Post by SSDrWh0 Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 pm

MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 11

Post by MovesLikeJagger Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:35 pm

"Does a boy wear a skirt??Evil or Very Mad"
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Post by Admin-sensei Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:23 pm

SSDrWh0 wrote:Youtube video for "Guilty Crown Abridged-Episode 1"
    Spoiler:

I don't really do Reviews/Critiques, but I figured I could at the very least respond since I like Guilty Crown. (If you want people to do a Review on it, I'd suggest posting it in the "Review/Critiques & Advice" forum. I'd be willing to write a review on it. (shocking, I know)) But in short, I found it... OK. There are definitely places to improve and overall it felt kind of rushed, but I can't go into detail or Xcaliborg will get mad at me. >.>

(As for "Not Another Abridged Series-Episode 4", I refuse to watch/say anything about it because I haven't seen the previous 3 episodes and I think it's unfair to judge it based on one episode with out seeing how it's progressed over time.)
    ghostfreak3012
    ghostfreak3012

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 2

Post by ghostfreak3012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:07 pm

MovesLikeJagger wrote:"Does a boy wear a skirt??Evil or Very Mad"
    so what if i do Sad
    Xcaliborg
    Xcaliborg

I am a :
    • Abridger

Post by Xcaliborg Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Admin-sensei wrote:
    SSDrWh0 wrote:Youtube video for "Guilty Crown Abridged-Episode 1"
    Spoiler:

Xcaliborg will get mad at me. >.>

Dahhh~ I'm sure I'd let it slide, just not like

FROM HERE---

---- TO HERE. Worth of words
    KaggyVA
    KaggyVA

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by KaggyVA Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:01 am

Well, this is the trailer I made for an Abridged series I'm making. The series is actually funny, not like dis crap.

this also like... my fourth, maybe fifth abridged. So I'm still fairly new at this!

Also, thinking about not calling Air Gear Abridged (Cause that's boring) But give it a stupid name. If anyone has thoughts help me out please!
    MovesLikeJagger
    MovesLikeJagger

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 11

Post by MovesLikeJagger Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:18 pm

ghostfreak3012 wrote:
    MovesLikeJagger wrote:"Does a boy wear a skirt??Evil or Very Mad"
    so what if i do Sad
    Wink No worries, man! I'm not one to judge.
    I guess you haven't watched SSDrWh0's "Another" abridgement? Razz
    Speedy149KidKira
    Speedy149KidKira

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got! - Page 2 Empty The Abridged Knights of Brawl, episode 4

Post by Speedy149KidKira Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:52 am

Finally, someone created this thread! Anyway, instead of abridging anime, I wanted to do something different. Something original. Something...crazy. Based of an idea by smashkingabridged, I decided to abridged a Brawl machinima series by banjokazooieplush called "Knights of Brawl".

The story follows the adventures of the titular characters; Link, Kirby, and Meta Knight. It's the most unoriginal and copypasta'd machinima ever made, completely ripping off ideas from other Brawl machinima (Wolf's Retarded Mission, Smashtasm, etc.).

To be honest, this is my 2nd attempt trying to do an abridged series (I did a Hayate TCB one-shot in 2010 and a sequel the following year, which were removed due to the usual crap). I was still trying to figure out what kind of show it's supposed to be; a fast-paced, completely random, comedy or something completely different. Not to mention, the voice acting is bad. I'm not popular enough to hold auditions and I didn't want to use voice changing software.

Some criticism and advice would REALLY be helpful!

Last edited by Speedy149KidKira on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:10 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I wanted people to see my latest work)
    Speedy149KidKira
    Speedy149KidKira

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got! - Page 2 Empty RE: The Abridged Knights of Brawl, episode 4

Post by Speedy149KidKira Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 am

So far, this was my best work. It's an abridgement of the first episode of Smasherz.
    orin526
    orin526

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by orin526 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Wow I can't believe Solstus hasn't wrote in here yet. Well anyways he and I have been working on an xxxHolic abridged series. We already have the script written and edited three times, right now we are in the middle of recording the first episode and hopefully have it finished in about two weeks or so. Mind you it is slow but hey it's our first abridged series even 1st episode so we're working out the kinks in creating the episode. I hope you laugh at our shenanigans of an abridged series. We've learned from the best.
    Solstus
    Solstus

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Solstus Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:10 am

orin526 wrote:Wow I can't believe Solstus hasn't wrote in here yet. Well anyways he and I have been working on an xxxHolic abridged series. We already have the script written and edited three times, right now we are in the middle of recording the first episode and hopefully have it finished in about two weeks or so. Mind you it is slow but hey it's our first abridged series even 1st episode so we're working out the kinks in creating the episode. I hope you laugh at our shenanigans of an abridged series. We've learned from the best.

Don't forget we also have plans to do Tsubasa Abridged Chronicles as well. I plan on scripting it here soon, but we probably won't record it until we are at least finished with the second or third episode of xxxHolic. I have other plans for the future,but for now those are our main two. Me and Orin526 will be doing xxxHolic ourselves, but i plan on trying to find others when we get to Tsubasa because its a much larger cast of characters.
    orin526
    orin526

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by orin526 Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:59 am

What he said also try and try to be ahead with recruiting since the main characters are few in Tsubasa but the side characters in the series is a crazy amount. And being the guy who is doing pretty much all the side voices and 1 main and 2 minor in xxxHolic me and Solstus will definitely need your help
    FruitCupkun
    FruitCupkun

I am a :
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 3

Post by FruitCupkun Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 am

Gabe just posted the most recent Edon of the Eest.

Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 18

Post by Neonie Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:57 pm

FruitCupkun wrote:Gabe just posted the most recent Edon of the Eest.

I really enjoy both the voice and personality you gave Takizawa.
    Mastervoicexd
    Mastervoicexd

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Mastervoicexd Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:46 am

my second project staring Xthedarkone
    Gregitty
    Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got! - Page 2 Empty ONE LOVE KUMA (NO NUKES)

Post by Gregitty Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:46 am

This is an AMV I just finished. Not exactly a parody dub, but it did take a lot of effort,
    and will hopefully touch some hearts. Don't get too depressed now : )
    Grab some popcorn and switch to 720p.

KaggyVA
    KaggyVA

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by KaggyVA Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:08 am

Woo! Episode 1 is finally done... and yes I know I misspelled Edited. I'm ashamed...
    Lavaros
    Lavaros

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Lavaros Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:43 pm

My apologies for a lack of editing skill in what you're about to watch. But hey, there's more then one forumite in this video... sooooo

Also, DARKEST SKETCH.
    I am responsible for everything but some of the voice acting. I am ready for a stoning.
    AnimeLawyers (QuizGuru)
    AnimeLawyers (QuizGuru)

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 4

Post Your Own Abridged Series Here! Show us what you got! - Page 2 Empty School Rumble Ruined Pilot

Post by AnimeLawyers (QuizGuru) Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:39 pm

This is the pilot to a series that will hopefully take off well. I believe that this pilot turned out rather well and we'd like to hear your opinions on the episode.
    CrasherSurge
    CrasherSurge

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by CrasherSurge Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Glad this thing came out~! Hopefully, I can continue with it! :3

Piclone
    Piclone

I am a :
    • Abridger

Post by Piclone Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Might as well post another series just because I've started it up again. Kind of lame as all hell.
    Piclone
    Piclone

I am a :
    • Abridger

Post by Piclone Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:19 pm

AnimeLawyers (QuizGuru) wrote:
    This is the pilot to a series that will hopefully take off well. I believe that this pilot turned out rather well and we'd like to hear your opinions on the episode.

I really liked your take on School Rumble, it will be interesting to see where this will go.
    Xcaliborg
    Xcaliborg

I am a :
    • Abridger

Post by Xcaliborg Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:47 pm

CrasherSurge wrote:Glad this thing came out~! Hopefully, I can continue with it! :3

It was pretty good, it kinda moved on a little slowly in some parts, it seemed like it'd be a little more enjoyable if there was more speed with the delivery. The voices were great, nice work with that, but as I said, just some small pacing issues here and there~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 am