Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

+9
Killer Se7en
NipponIchiHero
ghostfreak3012
Admin-sensei
eivellordsm2
John.38.
Abrudging101
Chommper17
JeremyMakesMahToast
13 posters

What do the hit points represent?

JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

What do the hit points represent? - Page 2 Empty What do the hit points represent?

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm kinda Ki ni narimasu about that.
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

What do the hit points represent? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do the hit points represent?

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:33 am

Admin-sensei wrote:EXP needed to level up will be sampled from the nearest Disgaea game I have on hand. Good luck getting 10,000 EXP to get to Lvl 2 when I get it to work!
    you to Cool, something that reminds me of this is the black belt system on MMA forums. Once you get to a certain amount of postes your belt icon above your post count changes color or get degrees(little stripes on the belt) that might be something to consider, but instead of belts you have levels
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

What do the hit points represent? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do the hit points represent?

Post by Admin-sensei Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 am

JeremyMakesMahToast wrote:
    Admin-sensei wrote:EXP needed to level up will be sampled from the nearest Disgaea game I have on hand. Good luck getting 10,000 EXP to get to Lvl 2 when I get it to work!
    you to Cool, something that reminds me of this is the black belt system on MMA forums. Once you get to a certain amount of postes your belt icon above your post count changes color or get degrees(little stripes on the belt) that might be something to consider, but instead of belts you have levels

It WOULD actually be easier to have the levels tied to your posts, but then that would make it too easy.
    Killer Se7en
    Killer Se7en

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 9

Post by Killer Se7en Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:40 am

What about power levels and if they were scouters yeah I know I have weird Ideas Sad
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 am

Killer Se7en wrote:What about power levels and if they were scouters yeah I know I have weird Ideas Sad
    Thats not wierd, thats too smart for the room Sad I wish I thought of it
    Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 18

Post by Neonie Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:28 am

Both destructoid and NISA have systems like that tied to post count.
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:36 am

Neonie wrote:Both destructoid and NISA have systems like that tied to post count.
    I think the question now is what do you use for that system or if that system will work on this forum Question
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:51 am

Neonie wrote:Both destructoid and NISA have systems like that tied to post count.
    I think the question now is what do you use for that system or if that system will work on this forum Question

It would work, and it's an easy enough system to integrate. But the main problem would be that I have to:

• Decide on a system to use
    • Plan out all of the ranks
    • Decide on the post limits for those ranks
    • And design logos/icons/whatever to go along with those ranks...

And that last one is what I don't have time for. Maybe I will at a later date, but don't plan on it anytime soon (since even if I decide to do it, it will take some time to design everything).
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:56 am

Admin-sensei wrote:

It would work, and it's an easy enough system to integrate. But the main problem would be that I have to:

And that last one is what I don't have time for. Maybe I will at a later date, but don't plan on it anytime soon (since even if I decide to do it, it will take some time to design everything).

Well first off it seems pretty clear to do a Level up ranking system its the obvious choice

The ranks wouldn't be decided by post but by likes, and that should be decided in intervals of 5 and 10, 5 likes to level 2 10 to level 3 and so on

I think how they would look and what size would they be would be the hardest part

Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:03 am

Admin-sensei wrote:

Well first off it seems pretty clear to do a Level up ranking system its the obvious choice

The ranks wouldn't be decided by post but by likes, and that should be decided in intervals of 5 and 10, 5 likes to level 2 10 to level 3 and so on

I think how they would look and what size would they be would be the hardest part

Yes, but also that "Level up by likes" is part of the problem too. The forum host already has a way of changing one's rank according to their post count, but it doesn't work for "Likes" and I'd have to find a way to make a system that works based on those "Likes".
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:11 am

Admin-sensei wrote:
    Admin-sensei wrote:

Yes, but also that "Level up by likes" is part of the problem too. The forum host already has a way of changing one's rank according to their post count, but it doesn't work for "Likes" and I'd have to find a way to make a system that works based on those "Likes".
    True I don't think a ranking system based on likes has ever been done...you got your work cut out for ya
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:16 am

JeremyMakesMahToast wrote:True I don't think a ranking system based on likes has ever been done...you got your work cut out for ya

That... isn't something I wanted to hear... xD
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 am

Admin-sensei wrote:
    JeremyMakesMahToast wrote:True I don't think a ranking system based on likes has ever been done...you got your work cut out for ya

That... isn't something I wanted to hear... xD
    don't be scared of innovation ..eye of the Taiga Admin-sensei Very Happy
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 16

Post by NipponIchiHero Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:55 am

Admin-sensei, we believe in you.

What do the hit points represent? - Page 2 Gotthetouch
    Xcaliborg
    Xcaliborg

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 13

Post by Xcaliborg Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:29 pm

I have now given you experience from the Optimus Prime Picture. You're welcome.
    Zan
    Zan

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 4

Post by Zan Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:48 pm

If we're levelling up, does that mean we get to evolve =P...Or do we need a magical stone for that =P
    Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 18

Post by Neonie Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:09 am

Zan wrote:If we're levelling up, does that mean we get to evolve =P...Or do we need a magical stone for that =P

It's a suppository actually.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:52 am

Zan wrote:If we're levelling up, does that mean we get to evolve =P...Or do we need a magical stone for that =P

I didn't know that anyone in most RPGs evolved... unless you consider yourself a pokemon?

Neonie wrote:It's a suppository actually.

ಠ_ಠ
    Lavaros
    Lavaros

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Post by Lavaros Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:09 am

Admin-sensei wrote:

I didn't know that anyone in most RPGs evolved... unless you consider yourself a pokemon?

Neonie wrote:It's a suppository actually.

ಠ_ಠ

If you wanna get desperate, you could always say Final Fantasy X.
    John.38.
    John.38.

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 7

Post by John.38. Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:11 am

Lavaros wrote:If you wanna get desperate, you could always say Final Fantasy X.

That game didn't nearly have enough belts to be a true Final Fantasy game.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:11 am

Good idea, no level up system! You all have to follow your sphere grids!
    Lavaros
    Lavaros

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Post by Lavaros Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 am

John.38. wrote:

That game didn't nearly have enough belts to be a true Final Fantasy game.
    Lulu compensated for everyone else's lack of belts.
    NipponIchiHero
    NipponIchiHero

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 16

Post by NipponIchiHero Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:27 am

Admin-sensei wrote:

Good idea, no level up system! You all have to follow your sphere grids!
    Wait, I'll get to be a Blk/Wht/Blu Mage/Theif/Warrior/Dad problems guy/Thrower class all at the same time!?
    John.38.
    John.38.

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by John.38. Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:33 am

If I ever get 38 EXP, can you freeze it at that for me?
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:39 am

John.38. wrote:If I ever get 38 EXP, can you freeze it at that for me?

Nope, but you can tell people not to "Like" your comments... Or you can just make sure they aren't something that someone would find interesting.
    John.38.
    John.38.

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by John.38. Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:40 am

Admin-sensei wrote:
    John.38. wrote:If I ever get 38 EXP, can you freeze it at that for me?

Nope, but you can tell people not to "Like" your comments... Or you can just make sure they aren't something that someone would find interesting.

Aww.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 pm