A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

Getting Abridged Series off the ground.

Lavaros

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Getting Abridged Series off the ground.

Post by Lavaros on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:11 pm

I know that the easy answer is just to get up and do it, but I'm a little Ki ni narimasu to see how other people manage to get their series off the ground.
    For me, I'm starting with a script and then going from there, because even if you have an editor, voice actors/actresses, it's all pretty useless if you don't have something for them to record.

Though it probably helps to have some inspiration.
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

Re: Getting Abridged Series off the ground.

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:36 pm

I think the key thing to focus on is dose the writing make you laugh and if so how much and how often, abridging seems to be full of like minded people with a roughly similar since of humor and if you can get behind what your writing then it could be easier to get VA's to laugh and get behind your writing. If the voice actors can get behind the script and get motivated to perform then the editor has more and better material to work with...so really my theory on getting it off the ground is that laughs are the most important thing to consider. Thhhhhhat sounds kinda redundant as I read it but hey I'm not a writer

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 13

Post by Xcaliborg on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:40 pm

I say focus more or so on the writing aspects first. Later improve on editing, however don't do what I did and start with terrible voice acting. It draws the whole finishing product out and you don't want that. Some advice. Keep the references to a low. Or none at all. Try and be unique, do something nobody else has done before. That is why Innagadadavida is great at what he does, because he made his series into a documentary type of thing.

Anyway. Thats my opinion hope it helps!

I am a :
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 3

Post by FruitCupkun on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:13 pm

I would agree with the general idea that you should focus on the writing. I'd say the important thing about the writing is, writing what you think would be funny. When Dotvob and I discuss future project we just bounce ideas off of each other that we think are funny and hope they go over well with our audience. Editing takes time and eventually you get to a place where you can edit quickly, at least from what I've seen. And voice acting initially is kinda weird, but everything works itself out in time.
    Awesomelypossible

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Fan
    • Reviewer

EXP : 1

Post by Awesomelypossible on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:15 pm

If I have to make a script by myself, it would be lousy. But if I have someone to bounce stuff off of, then its decent.
    TraceBASS

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 3

Post by TraceBASS on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:31 pm

I'm-a ditto what Excaliborg said because I want him and his body because.
    Currently, I'm writing my script out, and planning to just run through the whole thing with as much FEEL and SOUL as possible until I can go "...Right. Let's record this shiz." (Also, I only have one person I know who is keen to help me with this, because...I'm so lonely. And the people in my town SUCK. [AWW YEAH!! MISANTHROPY!! {zOMG BRACEPTION!}])
    ...And I'm stuck on script writing. Whoooooo~
    Abrudging101

I am a :
    • Reviewer

EXP : 9

Post by Abrudging101 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Everyone knows the only way to really get a series off the ground is to have it promoted by Takahata101, or have Takahata101 voice in it.

I am a :
    • Abridger

EXP : 13

Post by Xcaliborg on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 pm

I've had big names like my episodes. I dont think of myself as a "big shot". I just feel proud of it. People shouldnt seek fame. They should just have fun, thats whats important and if you disagree. Im sorry but I lose respect.

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Post by Lavaros on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Xcaliborg wrote:I've had big names like my episodes. I dont think of myself as a "big shot". I just feel proud of it. People shouldnt seek fame. They should just have fun, thats whats important and if you disagree. Im sorry but I lose respect.
    Gotta agree with you, I laughed at Purple Eyes lines because they where funny, not because it was Purple Eyes doing them.

You can have the best comedic actors in the world and things can still turn shitty without decent pages.
    Speaking of, I should go back to writing.
    Abrudging101

I am a :
    • Reviewer

EXP : 9

Post by Abrudging101 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Xcaliborg wrote:I've had big names like my episodes. I dont think of myself as a "big shot". I just feel proud of it. People shouldnt seek fame. They should just have fun, thats whats important and if you disagree. Im sorry but I lose respect.

If that was directed at MY post, I think you misinterpreted. It's like me saying "Law in Order can only be watched on a TV" and then you say "I disagree, I have a TV, but I don't like Lawn Odor"

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 1

Test

Post by Speedy149KidKira on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:13 am

Abrudging101 wrote:Everyone knows the only way to really get a series off the ground is to have it promoted by Takahata101, or have Takahata101 voice in it.
    Then I'm pretty much doomed to obscurity.
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:10 am

Writing and Taka seem to be the key principles for any successful abridged series

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 am