Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

+7
John.38.
Abrudging101
Lavaros
FruitCupkun
Neonie
Macauley
ryou419
11 posters

SAO - Sword Art Online Discussion

ryou419

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 1

SAO - Sword Art Online Discussion - Page 2 Empty SAO - Sword Art Online Discussion

Post by ryou419 Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

I tend to be a major Otaku and I like pretty much any anime, but sword art, has stuck out from alot that I've seen since it has an original storyline, nice characters, and overall is very entertaining.
    More or less I'm wanting to know others thoughts about the show, whether or not Kirito will finish the boss or what episode/floor he'll die on.
    Mainly general discussion or if anyone needs something answered that they may not have understood.

Last edited by ryou419 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Abrudging101
    Abrudging101

I am a :
    • Reviewer

EXP : 9

SAO - Sword Art Online Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: SAO - Sword Art Online Discussion

Post by Abrudging101 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 am

John.38. wrote:
    Abrudging101 wrote:
    Lavaros wrote:To(sort of) quote Spoony: "Lego's suck and you suck for liking them"

Spoony sounds like "spooning" and that's sexually explicit. I request that Spoony change his or her name

Abrudging101 wrote:
    Killer Se7en wrote:I think its a great series I don't watch much animes unless i'm suddenly into the first few episodes I think their doing a goodjob pulling this off
    VIRTUAL MMOS FTW

Well, if you like .HACK// , you're bound to like this. It's basically a ripoff

Get out.

I'll assume you meant "get out" as the sixties phrase for when someone heard of something unbelievable.
    ex: "Get out! YOU saw George Harrison at the supermarket?"
    John.38.
    John.38.

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 7

SAO - Sword Art Online Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: SAO - Sword Art Online Discussion

Post by John.38. Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:49 am

Abrudging101 wrote:I'll assume you meant "get out" as the sixties phrase for when someone heard of something unbelievable.

No really; Get out.
    Abrudging101
    Abrudging101

I am a :
    • Reviewer

Post by Abrudging101 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:52 am

John.38. wrote:
    Abrudging101 wrote:I'll assume you meant "get out" as the sixties phrase for when someone heard of something unbelievable.

No really; Get out.

Okay, well that's quite rude, and as I said before, we here and Ment-Deer Forums don't like that kind of thing. I'm going to have to ask you to cease and desist your big, offensive text.
    John.38.
    John.38.

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by John.38. Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:53 am

Abrudging101 wrote:Okay, well that's quite rude, and as I said before, we here and Ment-Deer Forums don't like that kind of thing. I'm going to have to ask you to cease and desist your big, offensive text.

you first.
    Lavaros
    Lavaros

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Post by Lavaros Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:54 am

Don't call his text big, Abrudging, call it what it is. FAT.
    Stupid fat text.
    Abrudging101
    Abrudging101

I am a :
    • Reviewer

Post by Abrudging101 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:57 am

Lavaros wrote:Don't call his text big, Abrudging, call it what it is. FAT.
    Stupid fat text.

Don't call his text fat. it's offensive, especially since it's an inherited trait. His text runs a mile and a half every morning. It's just a glandular problem, and you're not helping its self-esteem by calling it fat.
    John.38.
    John.38.

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by John.38. Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:03 am

Abrudging101 wrote:Don't call his text fat. it's offensive, especially since it's an inherited trait.1 His text runs a mile and a half every morning.2 It's just a glandular problem, and you're not helping its self-esteem by calling it fat.3

1: Peoples weight is not inherited. Their metabolisms yes, but it's life style that determines weight.

2: The text in my post is inanimate and there for can not run.

3: See point #2
    Abrudging101
    Abrudging101

I am a :
    • Reviewer

Post by Abrudging101 Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:04 am

John.38. wrote:
    Abrudging101 wrote:Don't call his text fat. it's offensive, especially since it's an inherited trait.1 His text runs a mile and a half every morning.2 It's just a glandular problem, and you're not helping its self-esteem by calling it fat.3

1: Peoples weight is not inherited. Their metabolisms yes, but it's life style that determines weight.

2: The text in my post is inanimate and there for can not run.

3: See point #2

has anyone ever told you that you have the msst generic name ever?
    John.38.
    John.38.

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by John.38. Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:05 am

Abrudging101 wrote:has anyone ever told you that you have the msst generic name ever?

No. Not really.

Oh, and that's offensive. I'm going to have to ask that you cease.
    Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 18

Post by Neonie Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:26 am

Hey guys Lisbeth and Silica were pretty cute huh? I especially like Silica <3

Man it'll be nice when the main arc starts week :D
    John.38.
    John.38.

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by John.38. Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:31 am

You remember their names? I just called everyone "That person who's going to die.", "That person who tips on the MC's dick.", and "DarkLikeMySoul MC."
    Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Neonie Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:33 am

John.38. wrote:You remember their names?

Yes.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Post by Admin-sensei Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:47 am

John.38. wrote:You know what I hate? People who say SAO is a .hack rip-off.

Actually, the author had the idea before .//Hack even existed, but he was too lazy to finish writing it at the time and .//Hack ended up coming out before his story. (from what I've heard at least)
    ZeroSigner
    ZeroSigner

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Post by ZeroSigner Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:52 am

Admin-sensei wrote:
    John.38. wrote:You know what I hate? People who say SAO is a .hack rip-off.

Actually, the author had the idea before .//Hack even existed, but he was too lazy to finish writing it at the time and .//Hack ended up coming out before his story. (from what I've heard at least)
    i think so. I remenber it reading it on wiki
    Killer Se7en
    Killer Se7en

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

Post by Killer Se7en Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:37 am

Well I never bothered to see .hack in my life Embarassed I don't like to compare animes unless the art style reminds me of something familiar
    I'd say it has some elements from HOTD and Guilty Crown well to me that is albino
    DayDreamer
    DayDreamer

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 4

Post by DayDreamer Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:46 am

I'll just start this off with my likes and dislikes of this anime.

1. Great animation/Character/World Design.
    2. I like the idea of virtual MMO.
    3. Action and Romance in one is just awesome.
    4. Character personalities are well done.
    5. Players being able to attack others is a really good element.

Dislikes:
    1. Time skips.
    2. Fight scenes are skipped or not completed a lot.
    3. Episode 3...We meet characters that die in the first 10-12 minutes. Not an emotional scene at all, there was no time to get attached to the characters in my opinion.

It's a great anime and I have high expectations for it. I'd love to read the light novel after the anime is finished. I'd read it now but I don't want to spoil anything! I'd rather see it all animated. If not for my few dislikes I would rate it 10/10. But the anime still has a good ways to go, so I can't really judge yet.

Thoughts on ending:
    yeah, personally I think that, he will finish with Asuna, Klein, and Liz, and meet up in real life.
    Or the developer will be the final boss and he'll sacrifice himself to save Asuna.
    My thoughts as well. But for some reason I have a feeling Sachi isn't dead.
    Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Neonie Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:52 am

DayDreamer wrote:
    My thoughts as well. But for some reason I have a feeling Sachi isn't dead.

She is.

Also I really don't see how you can leverage time skips against this series. Did you want to see hours upon hours of grinding? Really?

You should actually be thanking the anime since it doesn't do as extreme a time skip as the first novel does. It's been telling side stories and going in chronological order telling stories from volumes 2 and 8, the first novel went straight to the main story and skipped ahead two years.

I can't imagine anything more boring then watching Kirito go "Killed another giant ant gained 50 exp!" "Killed another giant ant gained 50 exp!" for 10 novels.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:17 am

There are so many posting in this thread that don't know how it ends/what Kirito does... I'm afraid of posting here for fear of giving things away...
    Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Neonie Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Admin-sensei wrote:There are so many posting in this thread that don't know how it ends/what Kirito does... I'm afraid of posting here for fear of giving things away...

L/N Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

What that spoiler tag freakin sucks. You should get a new one.

That's not actually a spoiler btw. I was just testing it.
    DayDreamer
    DayDreamer

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by DayDreamer Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:22 pm

She is.

Also I really don't see how you can leverage time skips against this series. Did you want to see hours upon hours of grinding? Really?

You should actually be thanking the anime since it doesn't do as extreme a time skip as the first novel does. It's been telling side stories and going in chronological order telling stories from volumes 2 and 8, the first novel went straight to the main story and skipped ahead two years.

I can't imagine anything more boring then watching Kirito go "Killed another giant ant gained 50 exp!" "Killed another giant ant gained 50 exp!" for 10 novels.

Ah, I see. I guess I am thankful then. It's just easier to be grateful when you see improvements from the novel into the anime. I haven't read the novel yet so I have nothing to compare it too. I just have an idea and high expectations, so its easier for me to get disappointed. I can't completely agree that all the time skips worth it. I just feel it should of been planned out better so time skipping wouldn't be something to be happy about. But don't get me wrong I love the anime, and i'm sure my opinion could change when more episodes come out.
    Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Neonie Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:30 pm

DayDreamer wrote:
    Ah, I see. I guess I am thankful then. It's just easier to be grateful when you see improvements from the novel into the anime. I haven't read the novel yet so I have nothing to compare it too. I just have an idea and high expectations, so its easier for me to get disappointed. I can't completely agree that all the time skips worth it. I just feel it should of been planned out better so time skipping wouldn't be something to be happy about. But don't get me wrong I love the anime, and i'm sure my opinion could change when more episodes come out.

To be honest, I read the novels because after I watched the anime it wouldn't be interesting to me. Going from text to visuals is something I find interesting, going from visuals to text just seems dull.

Also wouldn't you being spoiling the novels for your self by watching the anime since it's the original content? I'm not really sure how spoilers work in your head, I'm just being philosophical with this one.

Time skips honestly don't bother me. But I'd still say to give a piece of media about an MMO a pass with it. Trust me, they are showing the interesting parts of what Kirito is doing. Just imagine hours upon hours of grinding in-between each of these first episodes.
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Neonie wrote:
    Admin-sensei wrote:There are so many posting in this thread that don't know how it ends/what Kirito does... I'm afraid of posting here for fear of giving things away...

L/N Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I know, I'm currently trying to find out what's wrong with it... have been for the past couple days... I just hope that no one actually tries using it (without testing it) until I get it to work.

EDIT: Spoiler is working now.
    DayDreamer
    DayDreamer

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by DayDreamer Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Also wouldn't you being spoiling the novels for your self by watching the anime since it's the original content? I'm not really sure how spoilers work in your head, I'm just being philosophical with this one.

I prefer animation over text(Most of the time). But yes technically you are right.

Trust me, they are showing the interesting parts of what Kirito is doing. Just imagine hours upon hours of grinding in-between each of these first episodes.

I wasn't doubting you.

Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Neonie Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Admin-sensei wrote:
    Neonie wrote:

L/N Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I know, I'm currently trying to find out what's wrong with it... have been for the past couple days... I just hope that no one actually tries using it (without testing it) until I get it to work.

EDIT: Spoiler is working now.

Sweet!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 pm