Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

+23
Shooter2435
Chommper17
KamiOfBarrels
CrazyObsessive
Kuu
MovesLikeJagger
Neonie
TheHawk
NipponIchiHero
deaththekid
Dejay
Naxxhorn
DayDreamer
Evil Fefe
dp123
Killer Se7en
Abrudging101
FruitCupkun
JeremyMakesMahToast
AFluffyGoomba
Pallasil
ryou419
ghostfreak3012
27 posters

What anime got you into anime

ghostfreak3012
    ghostfreak3012

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 2

What anime got you into anime - Page 2 Empty What anime got you into anime

Post by ghostfreak3012 Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

The first anime i ever watched was Dragon ball but the first anime i watched and knew it was anime is full metal alchemist
    and after finishing full metal alchemist i wanted to read it. So the first manga i ever fully read was full metal alchemist.

Last edited by ghostfreak3012 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : everyone else said the first anime that made them watch more anime)
    ghostfreak3012
    ghostfreak3012

I am a :
    • Fan

What anime got you into anime - Page 2 Empty Re: What anime got you into anime

Post by ghostfreak3012 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:05 pm

Neonie wrote:I feel like we should switch this topic to "What anime got you into anime." Since almost everyone's answer to the current one is bound to be either Pokemon, Dragonball z, or one of the other very limited number of anime's aired on English language (Or European) television.

For instance, the first anime I watched was pokemon, but the anime that got me started on a kick to watch way more anime was Sgt. Frog years and years later was an adult. I did wind up watching Tenchi when it aired on Toonami though, and never touched nor want to touch DBZ because I hate with a passion Akira Toriyama's "art".

wait *click* *click* done :3
    Killer Se7en
    Killer Se7en

I am a :
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 9

Post by Killer Se7en Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Well since the topic has changed Cowboy Bebop was really an amazing series to me. It's always gold in my eyes even though it has been broadcasted repeatedly. Always reminds me of a time when I would wake up at midnight and that would just be on air. rabbit
    Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 18

Post by Neonie Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:10 pm

ghostfreak3012 wrote:
    Neonie wrote:I feel like we should switch this topic to "What anime got you into anime." Since almost everyone's answer to the current one is bound to be either Pokemon, Dragonball z, or one of the other very limited number of anime's aired on English language (Or European) television.

For instance, the first anime I watched was pokemon, but the anime that got me started on a kick to watch way more anime was Sgt. Frog years and years later was an adult. I did wind up watching Tenchi when it aired on Toonami though, and never touched nor want to touch DBZ because I hate with a passion Akira Toriyama's "art".

:D
    ghostfreak3012
    ghostfreak3012

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by ghostfreak3012 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Neonie wrote:
    ghostfreak3012 wrote:

Very Happy

:DD
    DayDreamer
    DayDreamer

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 4

Post by DayDreamer Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:39 pm

School Days
    ghostfreak3012
    ghostfreak3012

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by ghostfreak3012 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 pm

DayDreamer wrote:School Days

well that's a first
    DayDreamer
    DayDreamer

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by DayDreamer Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:34 am

ghostfreak3012 wrote:

well that's a first

Yeah a friend of mine at school had asked me to watch it because at the time I just watched mainstream battle anime. At first I didn't like it, but he asked me to finish it and I did. Then after that for some reason I just craved more school life romance, and that lead me into more and more genres of anime.
    ghostfreak3012
    ghostfreak3012

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by ghostfreak3012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:52 am

DayDreamer wrote:
    ghostfreak3012 wrote:

well that's a first

Yeah a friend of mine at school had asked me to watch it because at the time I just watched mainstream battle anime. At first I didn't like it, but he asked me to finish it and I did. Then after that for some reason I just craved more school life romance, and that lead me into more and more genres of anime.

well that's good Smile
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 53

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:17 am

Akira would have to be the first anime I watched that I really knew was an anime or even was from japan. At the time I just thought speed racer and g force were American..I was 9 don't judge
    CrazyObsessive
    CrazyObsessive

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 6

Post by CrazyObsessive Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:24 am

First ever was Pokemon, but I didn't know it was anime.

Fullmetal Panic! got me into anime. Watched it on demand. Those were the good ol' days...
    KamiOfBarrels
    KamiOfBarrels

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by KamiOfBarrels Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 am

Mine was Gundam, and the firt series of it too. I miss that entire show. I really hope it's aired again on Toonami.
    Chommper17
    Chommper17

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Chommper17 Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 am

Fooly Cooly. My thirst kept growing.
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:47 am

Chommper17 wrote:Fooly Cooly. My thirst kept growing.
    Yes it was a life changing anime for us all..except for LoliWithAnExcaliborg..hes never seen it Sad
    Shooter2435
    Shooter2435

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 1

Post by Shooter2435 Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:59 am

my first was Pokemon and Sailor moon.....both were what gave me a childhood in the few years then DragonballZ
    the first whole anime was D N Angel
    SilverSyko
    SilverSyko

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by SilverSyko Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:45 am

First one I ever watched was Pokemon, but like most children who didn't know any better at that time, I did not realize it was Japanese in origin.

The one that got me into non-mainstream stuff and pretty much the medium as a whole was Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Funnily enough, the only reason I decided to watch it in the first place was because of a total coincidence pertaining to a lady friend of mine.
    JeremyMakesMahToast
    JeremyMakesMahToast

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by JeremyMakesMahToast Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:52 am

SilverSyko wrote:First one I ever watched was Pokemon, but like most children who didn't know any better at that time, I did not realize it was Japanese in origin.

The one that got me into non-mainstream stuff and pretty much the medium as a whole was Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Funnily enough, the only reason I decided to watch it in the first place was because of a total coincidence pertaining to a lady friend of mine.
    Shocked Shocked was that lady friend a Yandere?
    SilverSyko
    SilverSyko

I am a :
    • Fan

Post by SilverSyko Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:07 am

JeremyMakesMahToast wrote:
    Shocked Shocked was that lady friend a Yandere?

Lol no, she was just REALLY into Higurashi at the time. Gruesome psychological mystery stories are just her thing.

I'm pretty sure her tastes have rubbed off on me a bit because I enjoy those kinds of shows a lot now too.
    Solstus
    Solstus

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 0

Post by Solstus Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:47 am

Now that i look back it was probably DBZ and Yu Yu hakusho that got me into anime. They were both great and still are in my opinion.
    Nearlover7
    Nearlover7

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 1

Post by Nearlover7 Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:35 am

Soul Eater :3
    Ragnarok_Vorkel
    Ragnarok_Vorkel

I am a :
    • Fan

EXP : 0

Post by Ragnarok_Vorkel Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:54 am

Definitely Pokemon and Naruto.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 pm