Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

4 posters

Did you ban me?

Did you ban me? Empty Did you ban me?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:39 am

If you did go ahead and delete this account. If not then delete this account and un-ban my other one please. ^^

Did you ban me? Empty Re: Did you ban me?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:43 am

I got banned too, for "Calling anime Fake"

Which doesn't make a single bit of sense... at all.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:48 am

my reason was simply"ex ddddddddddddd" which isn't a reason..or even coherent. So I just wanted to ask and make sure she/he had a real reason and didn't just get hacked or something.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:49 am

Jeremymakesmytoast wrote:my reason was simply"ex ddddddddddddd" which isn't a reason..or even coherent. So I just wanted to ask and make sure she/he had a real reason and didn't just get hacked or something.

It seems more likely then not neither of us were legit banned.

I also don't think she would do something like this either though, so she might have been hacked... or got really reeally freakin wasted last night.
    eivellordsm2
    eivellordsm2

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress
    • Reviewer

EXP : 7

Post by eivellordsm2 Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:55 am

wait what happened if your banned how are you asking these questions?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:55 am

"Calling anime fake" is not a reason to ban someone..it's not even a reason for anything. So it kinda dose seem a lil less than legit. If I was legit banned, that doesn't seem terribly unreasonable. But still it's a lil far fetched and silly

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:56 am

eivellordsm2 wrote:wait what happened if your banned how are you asking these questions?

We both made new accounts to contest it, obviously.

Jeremymakesmytoast wrote:"Calling anime fake" is not a reason to ban someone..it's not even a reason for anything. So it kinda dose seem a lil less than legit. If I was legit banned, that doesn't seem terribly unreasonable. But still it's a lil far fetched and silly

The only fake anime I know of Avatar the Last Airbender. Schmo that schmo. Ya that's right, I self schmo censored!

Last edited by neoniec3 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:56 am

eivellordsm2 wrote:wait what happened if your banned how are you asking these questions?
    Make another account for the sake of asking why you got banned. ^^
    eivellordsm2
    eivellordsm2

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress
    • Reviewer

EXP : 7

Post by eivellordsm2 Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:08 am

oh I didnt notice Did you ban me? E96e9406e2a1d9bc.jpg
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Post by Admin-sensei Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:34 am

I didn't ban anyone, and all the mods have the ability to ban. I will look into this.

Edit: It was a malicious use by three members of the forum who were against us in the first place. It has been dealt with, and I won't go lightly on any future attacks either. There is no reason or excuse for misusing our site and attacking our users.
    Neonie
    Neonie

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 18

Post by Neonie Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:36 am

Admin-sensei wrote:I didn't ban anyone, and all the mods have the ability to ban. I will look into this.

Edit: It was a malicious use by three members of the forum who were against us in the first place. It has been dealt with, and I won't go lightly on any future attacks either. There is no reason or excuse for misusing our site and attacking our users.

Thanks for the un-ban.

I would probably ask who they were but I probably wouldn't know them anyway :P
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:41 am

Neonie wrote:
    Admin-sensei wrote:I didn't ban anyone, and all the mods have the ability to ban. I will look into this.

Thanks for the un-ban.

I would probably ask who they were but I probably wouldn't know them anyway Razz

I'm not going to tell because I don't want to cause further problems than there already are.
    AnimeLawyers (QuizGuru)
    AnimeLawyers (QuizGuru)

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 4

Post by AnimeLawyers (QuizGuru) Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:51 am

I just got home and I think I can explain HOW this happened.

Basically, if you are in the abridger group you have the ability to ban anyone NOT in the abridger group by going to their profile.

This may also be true for other groups (ie if you are voice actor you can ban non-voice actors).

You can't ban mods/admins, obviously.

I noticed this a while ago when me and matt were trying to friend each other. I saw the "ban this person" button and was like "What the hell? Is this real?" I didn't press it though. I noticed it didn't appear on all profiles and figured out that it only appeared on people not in the same group as me.

So... Why was this a feature? o.o

(Btw, it appears this "feature" has been removed, fortunately)
    Admin-sensei
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

Post by Admin-sensei Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:01 am

AnimeLawyers (QuizGuru) wrote:I just got home and I think I can explain HOW this happened.

Basically, if you are in the abridger group you have the ability to ban anyone NOT in the abridger group by going to their profile.

This may also be true for other groups (ie if you are voice actor you can ban non-voice actors).

You can't ban mods/admins, obviously.

I noticed this a while ago when me and matt were trying to friend each other. I saw the "ban this person" button and was like "What the hell? Is this real?" I didn't press it though. I noticed it didn't appear on all profiles and figured out that it only appeared on people not in the same group as me.

So... Why was this a feature? o.o

(Btw, it appears this "feature" has been removed, fortunately)

It wasn't a "feature" it was a glitch in the site. I fixed it now so that it wouldn't happen again. In any case, if you ever see something that seems out of place or seems like something is wrong/you can do something you don't think you should be able to; please don't be afraid to ask one of the moderators or myself. If something like this DOES happen, I won't hesitate to ban those who use glitches such as this and not tell me. And no, it was a glitch that only applied to the "Abridger" group.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:20 am