A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

Post your parodies here!

Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Post your parodies here!

Post by Admin-sensei on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:58 am

Just like on the boards for other series, post and discuss your series and others' here.
    Please remember to post long critiques/reviews in the Review board, but overviews of what you thought and short reviews are fine to post here as long as the discussion that follows is kept civil.

(Note: I know there was a sticky for this before, but it got deleted somehow.)
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 31

Re: Post your parodies here!

Post by Admin-sensei on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 am

Posts from the individual "GenshiGrads" thread:
    the Skinny wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Figured this would be a great place to try and promote our up and coming fandub parody series.

Hiya, I'm the Skinny. You might remember me from such great works like....and, uh...hmm, okay, so I'm not quite known for much (YET) but what I hopefully will be remembered for is being the writer/voice actor involved with the Happy Famiree fandub troupe's series: the GenshiGrads.

A satire on the Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, GenshiGrads is a dark comedy that reveals the obvious silliness, stupidity and stereotypes that come with being an otaku. Though I wouldn't exactly call our series an abridged series, I think it still has the potential to grab your attention and get quite a few lol's outta ya (depending on your sense of humor).
    So feel free to check us out and see what being a college otaku is REALLY all about...
    (Disclaimer: Due to Language, Viewer Discretion is Advised...Bitches.)

Episodes now available on our YouTube, as well as other projects on the way!

the Skinny wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Comments/Critiques/Questions are more than welcome. We hope you enjoy!

MovesLikeJagger wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Sounds exciting! I loved Genshiken! Very Happy

...although I probably should've joined my school's anime club. Of course, one problem was that their Facebook page was sorely out of date for a while, and the webpage was even more out of date, I think, so I couldn't get much current info about meeting places or times. However, by junior or senior year, I did find that shit out, but by that time, I had gotten pretty damn lazy outside of schoolwork, tbqh. If it didn't have to do with classes or something important related to my future, I didn't really do much extracurricular-wise by that time. I mostly checked out books from the university library and read those on my free time (LOTS of em; mostly politics and economics), along with the usual stuff like watching YT vids and Netflix DVDs.

the Skinny wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Glad to see a fellow Genshiken fan on here! Hope you get a lol outta what we are doing with it for our parody.

Yeah, college for me was just the opposite: I made a lotta great friends and memories with my college anime society. They became like a 2nd family to me. Good times, good times.

MrSkoringo wrote:
    Spoiler:
    I remember this from when TruthorDeal told me bout it. It's really good. Shows alot of potential. I enjoy it. :3

the Skinny wrote:
    Spoiler:
    MrSkoringo wrote:I remember this from when TruthorDeal told me bout it. It's really good. Shows alot of potential. I enjoy it. :3

Yeah, TruthorDeal did us a solid by givin' us a pretty decent review.

Hope you and him will stick around cuz we've got more GenshiGrads, and other projects, on the way/in the works.
    KirinosOniichan

I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 0

Post by KirinosOniichan on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:31 am

I do enjoy making small parodies, heres my latest one

Speedy149KidKira

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan

EXP : 1

...and now something completly different.

Post by Speedy149KidKira on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:05 am

Gregitty

I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

EXP : 2

Post by Gregitty on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:26 am

Akane Iro ni Somaru Baka (Episode 1)

I am a :