A place for the discussion of anime parodies, abridged series and abridged MENTs.

Welcome to the ParodyOX Forums! The site is still new, so please bear with the bugs and any changes we implement!
Remember to read the forum rules so that you avoid trouble from the moderators. Thank you.
ChatBox

    Scripts and Ideas!~

    Share
    avatar
    FlamingGuitarVA

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 9
    EXP : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-17
    Location : Inside your rectum, plotting your demise.

    Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by FlamingGuitarVA on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:57 am

    First topic message reminder :

    Throw out new ideas that you'd think would be kinda funny in an Abridged Series!
    avatar
    JeremyMakesMahToast

    I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 720
    EXP : 53
    Join date : 2012-08-20
    Location : Locked inside my own imagination

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by JeremyMakesMahToast on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 pm

    ryou419 wrote:the thing is my voice is way to deep to imitate a girls voice, and the series we were planning to do was either Vampire Knight or Aoi No Exorcist.... so, irony is now at play.
    What could work is opening your mouth wide when you try to do a girl's voice, something I've noticed about my self is that the wider I open my mouth the higher I can get my voice. the more closed my mouth is the deeper it will get.

    cause Ik how it is man I have a smexeh man voice to, but you gotta play with your voice you'd be surprised by what comes out.

    But I don't know what your trying to do with the character so that might not be the best idea



    _________________
    avatar
    Xcaliborg
    Moderator
    Moderator

    I am a :
    • Abridger

    Posts : 96
    EXP : 13
    Join date : 2012-08-17
    Location : Townsville

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Xcaliborg on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:46 pm

    Lavaros wrote:I don't think anyone has done YuGiOh yet.

    But in all seriousness, I think anything can be made funny, it just depends on skill level. Though I don't really much see the point in doing shows like Ouran, but that just might be me.

    I am hoping to see a parody of Ao No Exorcist, as I haven't found or been linked to one yet.



    I did one once. However the other guy behind the series and I aren't really mates anymore...


    _________________
    The darkness will consume the light that is within the darkness' light.
    avatar
    ZeroSigner

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 107
    EXP : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-20

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by ZeroSigner on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 pm

    Xcaliborg wrote:
    Lavaros wrote:I don't think anyone has done YuGiOh yet.

    But in all seriousness, I think anything can be made funny, it just depends on skill level. Though I don't really much see the point in doing shows like Ouran, but that just might be me.

    I am hoping to see a parody of Ao No Exorcist, as I haven't found or been linked to one yet.



    I did one once. However the other guy behind the series and I aren't really mates anymore...

    I Try to stay away from that anime to parody cause if i did that then im setting myself as " That guy who rip off well know abridgers" this is why i try to be original lol


    _________________
    afro Im Sexy and I Know It
    avatar
    Abrudging101

    I am a :
    • Reviewer

    Posts : 94
    EXP : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-20
    Location : Flint, Michigan

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Abrudging101 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:55 pm

    ZeroSigner wrote:
    Xcaliborg wrote:
    Lavaros wrote:I don't think anyone has done YuGiOh yet.

    But in all seriousness, I think anything can be made funny, it just depends on skill level. Though I don't really much see the point in doing shows like Ouran, but that just might be me.

    I am hoping to see a parody of Ao No Exorcist, as I haven't found or been linked to one yet.



    I did one once. However the other guy behind the series and I aren't really mates anymore...

    I Try to stay away from that anime to parody cause if i did that then im setting myself as " That guy who rip off well know abridgers" this is why i try to be original lol

    I don't mean to sound harsh, but this was perfect in every way and nothing will ever compare. I think I'm just done watching videos because I know I'll never see something this good again, not even from its creator. That being said, I'll actually watch the video tomorrow, when I have more time.


    _________________
    Voted best reviewer year by the MENT academy
    avatar
    AtticusTheAbridged

    I am a :
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 1
    EXP : 1
    Join date : 2012-08-20

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by AtticusTheAbridged on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:56 pm

    Mr. Rogers always told me that if I just be myself eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverybody will love me.
    avatar
    Abrudging101

    I am a :
    • Reviewer

    Posts : 94
    EXP : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-20
    Location : Flint, Michigan

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Abrudging101 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:00 am

    AtticusTheAbridged wrote:Mr. Rogers always told me that if I just be myself eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverybody will love me.

    Atticus? Are you the same Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird?


    _________________
    Voted best reviewer year by the MENT academy
    avatar
    totoyamado

    I am a :
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 7
    EXP : 1
    Join date : 2012-08-21

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by totoyamado on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:28 am

    i've always thought it'd be hilarious to throw a character into a series that always references disney song titles without meaning to
    avatar
    Lavaros

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 59
    EXP : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-20

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Lavaros on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:34 am

    Apparently references are supposed to be a bad thing. No matter what.
    I say screw that I want references.


    _________________
    avatar
    John.38.

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 50
    EXP : 7
    Join date : 2012-08-20
    Location : Tampa Florida

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by John.38. on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:35 am

    Lavaros wrote:Apparently references are supposed to be a bad thing. No matter what.
    I say screw that I want references.

    Depends on your audience and what type of reference it was. No one is going to get it if I kept throwing Willie Denton jokes around.

    avatar
    DarkWindu7

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 3
    EXP : 1
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Location : Viriginia

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by DarkWindu7 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:27 am

    references are ok but using them for ever funny line kind of makes the audiance have that haha i know where thats from moment in their head and too much of that gets boring
    avatar
    FruitCupkun

    I am a :
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 25
    EXP : 3
    Join date : 2012-08-20

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by FruitCupkun on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:20 am

    DarkWindu7 wrote:references are ok but using them for ever funny line kind of makes the audiance have that haha i know where thats from moment in their head and too much of that gets boring

    I agree with this point especially. Back when I was asking some friends for advice on abridging, he said, "Put a ton of references in." But, the comedy needs to stay fresh. I can only make so much gagging noises on Saki before it gets old.
    avatar
    TraceBASS

    I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 35
    EXP : 3
    Join date : 2012-08-20
    Location : Australia

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by TraceBASS on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:39 am

    Right now, I'm writing a script for an abridgement of Spirited Away.
    I'm planning to use mostly Australian themes, voices in characters and such, because there isn't goddamn enough of our culture on YouTube (apart from heavyset kids responding to bullying LIKE A BOSS~). Still unsure if there will be any slightly racist jokes or not; I'm not out to offend, merely to entertain. And yes, there will be bogans. And wogs. Fully sick, braaa~
    avatar
    Zan

    I am a :
    • Abridger

    Posts : 40
    EXP : 4
    Join date : 2012-08-20
    Location : Kuwait

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Zan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:46 am

    Out of all, I think motivation is also a big part. Without it you wont go anywhere.

    I've seen many abridged series where they go 1 or 2 episodes then they give up or go on a infinite hiatus.


    _________________


    H.O.T.D.Abridged
    avatar
    John.38.

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 50
    EXP : 7
    Join date : 2012-08-20
    Location : Tampa Florida

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by John.38. on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 am

    Zan wrote:Out of all, I think motivation is also a big part. Without it you wont go anywhere.

    I've seen many abridged series where they go 1 or 2 episodes then they give up or go on a infinite hiatus.

    We were going to meet the same fate, but you pushed the project. It was smooth sailing after you picked me up, other then fining new VA's for everyone but Khota and Takashi from that point.

    avatar
    Zan

    I am a :
    • Abridger

    Posts : 40
    EXP : 4
    Join date : 2012-08-20
    Location : Kuwait

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Zan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:09 am



    Either that or be another failed project.


    _________________


    H.O.T.D.Abridged
    avatar
    MasterWGS

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 7
    EXP : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-21

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by MasterWGS on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:43 am

    Okay, so I'm writing this script, and it's not very funny. In fact, after rereading it, I don't think it's funny at all.

    I don't want specific joke recommendations, just advice -

    How do I actually get funnier?

    (Serious question, by the way.)


    _________________
    Let's all have fun and do our best to make great things!
    avatar
    Angelxemoxgir

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Fan

    Posts : 1
    EXP : 1
    Join date : 2012-08-21

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Angelxemoxgir on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:56 am

    How about Casshern Sins. That seems it would be funny. especially if freinder had a radio typed voice like bumble bee
    avatar
    Kuu
    Moderator
    Moderator

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 230
    EXP : 22
    Join date : 2012-08-18
    Location : Armada, Michigan

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Kuu on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 am

    Zan wrote:Out of all, I think motivation is also a big part. Without it you wont go anywhere.

    I've seen many abridged series where they go 1 or 2 episodes then they give up or go on a infinite hiatus.

    *cough* UH... Who would do such a thing? SURELY NOT ME.


    _________________
    Main Channel, Secondary Channel, Twitter, and Tumblr
    avatar
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 287
    EXP : 31
    Join date : 2012-08-17
    Location : Inaba

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Admin-sensei on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:23 am

    Kuu wrote:
    Zan wrote:Out of all, I think motivation is also a big part. Without it you wont go anywhere.

    I've seen many abridged series where they go 1 or 2 episodes then they give up or go on a infinite hiatus.

    *cough* UH... Who would do such a thing? SURELY NOT ME.

    Of course... you would NEVER do something like that, right?
    avatar
    Kuu
    Moderator
    Moderator

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 230
    EXP : 22
    Join date : 2012-08-18
    Location : Armada, Michigan

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Kuu on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:26 am

    Admin-sensei wrote:
    Kuu wrote:
    Zan wrote:Out of all, I think motivation is also a big part. Without it you wont go anywhere.

    I've seen many abridged series where they go 1 or 2 episodes then they give up or go on a infinite hiatus.

    *cough* UH... Who would do such a thing? SURELY NOT ME.

    Of course... you would NEVER do something like that, right?

    STOP ACCUSING ME, MAN.


    _________________
    Main Channel, Secondary Channel, Twitter, and Tumblr
    avatar
    Xcaliborg
    Moderator
    Moderator

    I am a :
    • Abridger

    Posts : 96
    EXP : 13
    Join date : 2012-08-17
    Location : Townsville

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Xcaliborg on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 am

    Kuu wrote:
    Admin-sensei wrote:
    Kuu wrote:
    Zan wrote:Out of all, I think motivation is also a big part. Without it you wont go anywhere.

    I've seen many abridged series where they go 1 or 2 episodes then they give up or go on a infinite hiatus.

    *cough* UH... Who would do such a thing? SURELY NOT ME.

    Of course... you would NEVER do something like that, right?

    STOP ACCUSING ME, MAN.

    Been there, done that!


    _________________
    The darkness will consume the light that is within the darkness' light.
    avatar
    Shooter2435

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Parodyist/other
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 9
    EXP : 1
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Location : South Texas

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Shooter2435 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:38 am

    Do the unexpected! have a guy go up to a girl, he says "hey" and she says "hey" but in a super manly voice! and as creeped out as he is he still thinks "I'm gonna marry her someday"


    _________________
    We are Filmmakers!
    We are Lovers!
    We are A Gentleman's Productions!
    avatar
    ZeroSigner

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • MENTor
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 107
    EXP : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-20

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by ZeroSigner on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:57 am

    Xcaliborg wrote:
    Kuu wrote:
    Admin-sensei wrote:
    Kuu wrote:
    Zan wrote:Out of all, I think motivation is also a big part. Without it you wont go anywhere.

    I've seen many abridged series where they go 1 or 2 episodes then they give up or go on a infinite hiatus.

    *cough* UH... Who would do such a thing? SURELY NOT ME.

    Of course... you would NEVER do something like that, right?

    STOP ACCUSING ME, MAN.

    Been there, done that!
    It was Soooo yesterday!


    _________________
    afro Im Sexy and I Know It
    avatar
    Admin-sensei
    Admin
    Admin

    I am a :
    • Abridger
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 287
    EXP : 31
    Join date : 2012-08-17
    Location : Inaba

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Admin-sensei on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:34 pm

    Kuu wrote:
    Admin-sensei wrote:
    Kuu wrote:
    Zan wrote:Out of all, I think motivation is also a big part. Without it you wont go anywhere.

    I've seen many abridged series where they go 1 or 2 episodes then they give up or go on a infinite hiatus.

    *cough* UH... Who would do such a thing? SURELY NOT ME.

    Of course... you would NEVER do something like that, right?

    STOP ACCUSING ME, MAN.

    I didn't accuse you of anything. That's why I said "NEVER" right? Wow, put a little formatting on some text and this is what happens? TT^TT
    avatar
    TraceBASS

    I am a :
    • Fan
    • Voice Actor/Actress

    Posts : 35
    EXP : 3
    Join date : 2012-08-20
    Location : Australia

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by TraceBASS on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:38 pm

    Here's an interesting one:

    Swap the voices of the male and female characters.
    i.e. Have female VAs voicing male characters, in typically feminine voices, and vice versa. Really mess with people's minds, maybe even throw in an underlying social commentary or something (e.g. maybe make the audience think "How is my opinion different on these characters because they sound like the other gender? Do I respect them more/less?")
    ...High school has ruined me. ._.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Scripts and Ideas!~

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:16 am